Quake Protocol

Melinda May POV

"I hate this. Really, really hate this." I could hear Fitz saying as Coulson and I were walking towards the command center. "I never thought I would have to be the one telling her mother she had disobeyed orders." Fitz then added, and I had to push myself forwards and not freeze up in that moment. "Why would you have to be then one telling her mother anything?" Simmons asked, and I could see that she looked at Fitz out of confusion as he walked around in the small room.

"What is going on?" Coulson asked as he stepped into the room, I could see how Fitz froze up when he saw me. "Where is she?" I asked, my voice low as I did, and I could see how Fitz swallowed hard. "Daisy took Ward with her to look up something about an hour ago." Fitz said, carefully and my eyes narrowed at that. "Look up what?" Coulson asked before I had a chance to ask the question. "Apparently the tracker Daisy had put on Mike Peterson was suddenly activated once more." Simmons started to explain, and she nodded her head towards the big screen.

"You didn't try to stop her?" I asked Fitz in a low voice and he looks at me, his eyes suddenly narrowed. "Of course, I did! She said I should not worry and that she and Ward would get back before you two did." Fitz half hissed back, nodding my head I started to turn towards the door once more. "Pull up the fastest route. I'm going in." I told Coulson before heading for my bunk. Quickly changing out from the dress and into the mission suit I looked towards my phone for a second. Shaking my head, I just put it into my pocket before walking back towards the command room.

"Have you a good one?" I asked, and Coulson nodded his head, I could see that even he had changed his cloths. "Fitz and Simmons are putting together what we need down in the lab." Coulson explained, and I nodded my head at that, walking side by side down to the lab. As the door open I could see that the table was filed once more with different ICER guns, the same way they had been when Lady Sif had come to visit. "You think we need all of this?" Coulson asked as he walked through the doors and Fitz looked up. "We have no idea what you guys will be up against once you reached the locations, better to be properly prepared than anything." Fitz points out as I walked over to the table.

Picking up one of the smaller guns I looked it over before hosting it to my leg. "I thought you took weapons if you needed one." Simmons pointed out as she walked in to the room from one of the side corridors. "I need a gun right now." I told her, looking over what else there was on the table. "Where is the device Ward used on the super soldier last time?" I asked when I could not see it, turning my head around to look at Fitz.

"Give me just a few more seconds and I will be finish with another one." He answered me, and I could see that he was indeed working on something over at his station. "You should take this with you too." Simmons commented, holding up a red bag. "Same thing as with the weapons, we don't know what you will find when you get there." She then added, and I could see Coulson nodded his head. As he was about to take the bag from Simmons I reached for it first.

"I'll take it, need to get the car ready anyway." I told him before turning around towards the door once more. "Just make sure you get that device from Fitz." I then added before the door opens and I walked out from the lab. Walking over to the last SUV I opened the back door and throw in the red bag. Putting my arms on the seat I leaned forward a bit to take a deep breath. This was not the moment to start stressing out, she had after all not been gone for too long yet again and this was not a lab.

Taking one last deep breath I stood up once more and closed the door, in time to see Coulson walk out from the lab with Fitz and Simmons behind him. "Got the device." He told me, and I nodded my head. "Good, get in." I told him as I opened the car door to get in. However, just as I opened the door I could hear how a car was coming towards the BUS and everyone froze up at that.

Seeing the black SUV stopping outside of the BUS I could feel how relief was washing over me.However, the moment I see that Ward was the only one to jump out of the car the relief was gone once more. "What happened to you?/ Where is Daisy?" Simmons and I asked at the same time and Ward stopped in his movement to look at us. He was covered in blood and dirt, a black eye over his left eye along with a split lip. "We were ambushed, I was knocked out and when I came to Daisy was already gone." Ward explained as he carefully walked towards us, Simmons meet him halfway to check up on him. "I searched the hangar, no sign of her anywhere." Ward then added as he looked at me and my eyes narrows.

"I will head out." I said shortly as I turned around towards the SUV once more and was about to jump in. "No! You are coming up with us. We do not just run off without fully knowing what is going on. I'm not losing more agents like this." Coulson told me, his eyes narrowed just as much as mine were. Keeping his eyes with my own there was a silence that fall over the hangar, with a deep breath I closed the door hard, making both Fitz and Simmons jump. "Fine." I answered shortly before I started to walk towards the stairs instead.

"You should let Simmons check you over before joining us." I could hear how Coulson told Ward.However, the rest of that conversation were lost to me as I had already left the stairs. Walking into the command center I started working on a way to find out what had happened over at the hangar that Daisy and Ward had gone to, only to be carefully pushed to the side by Fitz who took over. He was working faster than I have ever seen him do and determination was shining bright in his eyes.

Looking up at the big screen I could hear that Ward had not listen to Coulson's orders about letting Simmons give him a check up, since the three agents were arguing as they got closer and closer towards the command center. Keeping my concentration on the screen and the sound of how Fitz was working I zoned the other three out, hearing them arguing over something as little as a checkup was nothing I had energy to be hearing at the moment. "Anything?" I asked in a low voice to Fitz and he just shook his head.

"I'm waiting for satellite to come in." He answered me back and I nodded my head, hearing how the argument had turned in to what they were going to do instead I was starting to lose my temper with them. Taking one deep breath I knew what I had to do, in a moment like this there really was no way out. Pulling out my phone once more, I called one of the numbers that had ended up on my speed dial almost directly after the number had been added in to my phone. Putting my phone to my ear I did not have to wait long before the call had been accepted. "This is Melinda May." I started to say, and I could hear how the argument suddenly stopped and how all eyes were on me.

"Quake Protocol has been compromised."