A new year, new possibilities

Daisy/Skye POV

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, ONE!" The countdown could probably be heard all over the city as we all were counting down. As the fireworks start to light up the night sky I could feel how the small smile was growing big. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone called out at the same time and I gave May a big hug, felling how she hugged me back without thinking twice this time.

"Now let's make this the best year so far!" Tony called out, making everyone laugh and I just shook my head. "Tony, don't jinx it alright!" I called back to him only to see that he waves it off. "And congratulations, you managed to show that you guys can have a normal party. No clean up or nothing has to be done from something stupid from last year." Maria told them, smiling big and it was clear that she was happy over it.

"Oh yeah?" Tony asked, and I froze up when I heard the tone. Looking at him I could see how he nodded his head and making a sweep around me I could see that he got a respond from Natasha, Clint and Darcy. "Oh, for the love of everything that is sanity." I commented, and I could feel how Maria and May looked at me. "What?" May asked and I nod towards Tony once more as he started to pull out much more alcohol.

"Now then people! Let's get this new year started with a bang!" Tony called out before heading in to the party room once more. "Well, you can tell Fury we do not clean up after them for something they did last year. However, we might need to clean something up from what they did this year." I told Maria and I let my head fall forwards in defeat. "Out smarted by a man child, not a good start on this year." I mumbled to myself.

"I'll go and make the call right away." Maria said before heading off. "We should probably join them before something really bad happens." I told May who nodded her head and the two of us start to walk in to the room once more, seeing that Tony had already managed to pull the party into full swing. "How did he manage this in such a short time?" I asked, having a hard time believing my own eyes.

"He is Tony Stark." May pointed out and I just rolled my eyes at that. "I might need something a bit heavier to drink before I start to figure out how to make sure nothing goes wrong." I said before starting to head for the bar, hearing that May followed after me. "Or you can just let them fall and take whatever punishment Fury can come up with on their own. We are soon to head back to the BUS after all." May pointed out.

"Well, at least I need to get Darcy away from doing something stupid." I then said, looking towards my childhood friend. Looking towards the bartender I only nod my head and within a few seconds he had place a glass of vodka in front of me. Taking up the glass I held it up to May before drinking it all in once go. Putting down the glass once more I turned around and starts to head for Darcy, leaving May standing at the bar.

"Hey, Darc!" I called out and Darcy turned around, smiling big when she sees me. "Dee! About time you join the fun!" She half sings out and I just rolled my eyes. "Not really here to join in on whatever crazy idea you four have managed to come up with. I'm here to drag you away from it, I'm leaving for the BUS in a few hours and I really want one of my oldest friends to be awake and not having a hangover when we go out for a quick lunch before my departure." I reminded her.

Darcy blinks a little before she nodded her head. "I had forgotten about that." Darcy said, lowering the drink she had been holding on to. "Thought so, I recognise the look of determination." I told her as we started to head back towards the bar.

"Well, it was far to tempting." Darcy answered with a smile and I just shook my head. "Well next time I will make sure I don't have to be anywhere special a couple of hours after the party." I promised her and Darcy grins. "Could I get that in writing?" She asked, and I just shook my head.

Sitting down in one of the chairs I could see how Tony was getting more and more drunk, having Thor close by with his special drink from Asgard didn't help either. Natasha had somehow ended up drinking with May, not that I worried to much since I knew the two of them can hold that amount very well.

Clint was all over the place, talking to the guests and trying to start a drinking game. I could also see that Bobbi had forgotten my warning since she was helping Clint out. "You have a crazy crew here." Darcy pointed out and I nodded my head, my eyes soon landed on Maria, that was walking over to join Natasha and May.

"This is not even half of the force they can become." I told her, leaning back and smiling as I saw both Jane and Pepper trying to calm Tony and Thor down. Steve, Bruce and Rhodey standing by if needed to join in.

"Somehow I'm glad you pulled me out, it's much more fun to watch from the side." Darcy commented, and I smiled. "And it is the best way to gather black mail." I told her. "Hey you two!" Tony suddenly called out, pointing towards me and Darcy.

"Get over here we are going to play a game!" He then added and I just rolled my eyes. "Let me guess, truth or dare?" I asked him as I stood up, Darcy doing the same beside me. "Well of course!" Tony answered, holding out his hands. "Its a tradition and we do not break dose around here!" Tony answered as he fell down to the floor.

Walking over to the rest of the group I sat down beside May who didn't even seem to be a little bit tipsy. "Alright then! Who should we start with?" Tony asked, and I hold up my hand before he could continue. "Stop just a minute Stark. This time around we really need to have rules. After all, two of us need to be up in a few hours and be ready for any type of mission." I told him with narrowed eyes.

"So, no drinking challenges for any one." I then added, looking around myself with narrowed eyes and I could see that almost everyone nodded their heads. "Fine, what else?" Tony asked, and I rolled my eyes. "I say don't do anything that could lead to arrest or anyone getting hurt. However, I might be speaking to dead ears on that one." I then added.

Another round of nods was the answer I got, waving my hand towards Tony once more he smiled big. "Alright then! Let's get this round started!" Tony called out, giving me a very bad feeling over it all.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

Throughout the months that I had spent with the Avengers and Tony's crazy ideas of what fun is, this evening took the first spot on the list. The game had started out good enough, they had kept to the rules which had surprised me a lot.

Sooner or later, Clint and Tony started to push the dares more and more. Making them more ridiculous and dangerous, add in the fact that more then half of us would never back down and it makes for something very bad.

I don't know how it happened or what really triggered it. However, the night come to a quick stop when Fury had shown up along side with Clint. The blond archer man was in handcuffs and his grin was big.

Fury didn't want to tell any of us what had happened or how Clint even managed to get arrested so I assume it was something bad. Reminding myself that I would need to look into police reports once I had time to myself on the BUS.

Shaking my head, I focused on the task at hand, looking down at the bag I was packing. Seeing that my new computer was laying on the top I took a quick look around myself, my eyes soon landing on the photo album.

Looking at it for a few seconds I took it and put it down in the bag before closing it. May had left the tower about an hour earlier, saying she rather be at the BUS early so she could go over it. Beside that it would be better that we didn't show up at the same time.

Taking the bag, I thrown it over my shoulder and headed for the door, time to return back to the BUS once more.

Melinda May POV

I may have left the BUS as soon as I could.However, finding myself making a quick stop at a store had taken linger than I expected. Once reaching the hangar where the BUS was located I could see that I was not the first one here.

Driving the black SUV into the BUS I didn't have the time to turn it of before the doors opened up and Coulson and Ward jumped in. "No need to turn it off, we have to head out now." Coulson told me, and I looked at him in surprise.

"Why?" I asked him, lifting one eye brow in a try to hide the surprise. "Simmons has a location on where Skye is." Was the only answer I got from him.