1One1

The sound of the rain hitting the cars window's was my only distraction from the raging thoughts in my head. Why her? Why, out of all the people that bastard of a criminal could kill, why my mother? A sweet young woman with brown hair and little gray hairs she always complained about. Icy blue eyes like the sky up above and a voice like a beautiful sparrow. But of course, there will always be the darkness that will consume the light. She's moved on from our world. Gone. In a better place. Everything people tell me, always trying to not be so blunt. I wish they were. I wish I didn't have to tell it to myself. She is dead. A fatal gunshot to the heart. She was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. But my mind won't let me accept it. Despite the fact I haven't seen her welcoming presence since the day she left for the market, despite the fact people have told me, despite the fact I'm going to live with my father, it hasn't set in. All I've felt is shock. Like this wasn't real.

My father was a good for nothing drunk, who left me and Ma thirteen years ago. I should be over it by now, but I'm not. I hate him. I hate what I saw Ma go through after he left. I hate the fact he sends little stupid cards to try and "fix" our relationship. I. Hate. His. Guts. It's like my brain blames him for Ma's death. Like he was the evil in the world who killed her. And even though I should maybe give him a chance, I'm not going to. 

LA truely was a sight. Wild and fun and crazy, the exact environment my father loves. No wonder he is here. But it's cloudy today, reminding me of my real home, though it's so far away. I dread having to live here. Having to stay with the man I hate the most in a city where you can never rest. But I'll suffer through it. It's what Ma would want.