18Eighteen18

Ice: WHAT HAPPENED?!

Jack: I told u, some guy tried 2 hurt me but Mark saved me. I'm at his house.

"Texting your friend?" I sighed, Mark sitting next to me and giving me a glass of water. I stayed silent, watching the dots on the screen that meant they were typing. We had literally just gotten to Mark's home, where he apparently lived alone. It was warm and comforting, especially the warm black couch he led me to before going to grab me some water. I took the glass, keeping my head as low as possible as I took a sip. My phone buzzed.

Ice: Okay, I took his address from the school's website files. I'll be there as soon as possible.

I Sighed, putting away my phone and stared at my lap. I heard Mark sigh as well, leaning back against the couch. it was nice to have him here, even if I couldn't show my appreciation. "...wanna tell me what happened? And why your have so many cuts?" He growled silently, to my surprise. I looked up at him, but low enough to where he couldn't see my face. "Did that asshole do that to you?" He growled again. At first, I thought he was speaking about my dad, then I realized he was talking about the man in the ally.

"...I-I-" Mark looked back at me, making me blush. I ducked my head down again, avoiding his gaze. Why did I feel like this around him? A popular boy who could have anyone? My blush darkened when he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me against his warm chest. I didn't protest, I just sighed and pressed my face against him.

"Cmon, Jack. I wanna clean up your cuts," My face paled and I pulled away.

"N-No, don't worry about me. Ice will be here soon anyway, if they see ye-"

"I don't care," he said in a deep voice, making me shut up. His eyes were caring and curious. "You'll get an infection. Besides, you can trust me." He began to pull me up but I pulled away, backing away from him.

"How do I know?! Ye hang out with them." He gave me a confused look, but thankfully didn't step closer to me.

"What do you mean? Minx? Matthias? Krism? All those people are my friends-" I crossed my arms and snarled.

"Felix tried to fucking hook up with me in a bathroom yesterday." That shut him up. He stared wide eyed and I sighed, kicking at the wooden floor gently.

I heard a snarl and looked up to see Mark with his fists clenched. "He did did he?" I gulped, slowly nodding. "I'll kill him," He swiftly grabbed his phone, probably texting Felix.

"Why would ye care?" I saw his thumbs stop as he froze. "Ye don't know me, I haven't even talked to ye until tonight. Why are you protecting me?" He slowly looked up at me, his eyes gleaming with something I hadn't seen in months and blushed.

"I...you're new. I don't want to see you get hurt." he muttered, finishing up his text before slipping the phone back into his pocket. "Cmon," He held out a hand towards me, and I stared at it. Should I...?