27TwentySeven27

Mark pov

Jack hissed as I ran the rag down one of the long cuts. "Sorry, Jack."

"I-It's okay, this had to be done anyway." He mumbled. We were still in my room, sitting on my bed. He had taken off his shirt, revealing more bruises and cuts. Every glimpse I took of his ruined skin and every hiss of pain I heard escape his lips made me boil with anger. Who did this to him? How dare they hurt my...what is Jack even to me? I hadn't asked him out or asked him to be my boyfriend. We were friends, I knew that much. But friends that kissed? Friends with benefits? I have no idea. All I know is that no matter what Jack and I are, I care about him.

"Does Ice know about this?" I asked, putting down the rag.

He sighed. "Yeah. But I told them to just leave it alone. Just like I'm gonna ask ye to do the same." I groaned, crossing my arms.

"But Jack-"

"No Mark," he cut me off. "Ye and Ice can't do anything about it. So just forget it, I can take care of myself."

"Obviously not!" I gestured to his body. "I don't want to see you hurt like this!" he scowled, crossing his arms.

"I'm. Fine." He began to stand up, but I grabbed his hand. He looked back at me, still looking angry.

I pleaded with my eyes, "Jack..." We stared at each other for a moment before I pulled him back down on the bed. I kissed him softly, hugging him after. He sighed, relaxing into the hug.

"I...we should go." He mumbled, pulling away from me. I sighed, nodding. We both stood up and he put on his shirt and hoodie. We left the house, walking down the street. "Wanna go to the arcade?" He asked, looking at me. I smiled at the excitement in his eyes.

"Yeah!" He laughed and we both hurried down the street. After a while of walking, we reached Dave And Busters. "Let's go! You're so slow!" I grabbed Jack's hand, running into the building. He laughed as I excitedly led him to the arcade. We stopped by the coin machine and I put a twenty in, watching the coin's fall out of the machine and into the cup. Jack grabbed a bunch of them and stuck his tongue out at me before running off. I laughed, taking what was left and ran after him.

"Ye can't catch me Mark, I'm a speedy leprechaun." I laughed, trying to catch him. But he was running around the table hockey machine, making it impossible. We were both giggling.

I stopped and stood tall with my hands on my hips. "Fine. Then I challenge you, good sir, to a game of table hockey!"

"Challenge," He put in some coins. "Accepted." I laughed, putting in my coins and leaning over the table menacingly. He did the same, his hood barely hiding his smirk. We began to play, and he was actually pretty good. "Just give up Mark! I've got this game in the bag."

I shook my head no, laughing. "You WISH!" I said, getting a goal.

A/N: I kept pausing while writing this to imagine what certain moments would look like and DAMN THESE TO ARE TOO DAMN CUTE. 。◕‿‿◕。