22TwentyTwo22

Jack pov

"So what happened?" Ice continued to bug me on the drive back to the apartments. They wanted to know every detail, but all I did was blush. What even happened? We cuddled together in the same bed. He pinned me against a wall. We nearly kissed. I gave him my number. I kissed his cheek. I didn't even know Mark liked me like that...was that nightmare real? Was Mark really confused because of me? I'm kinda flattered. "Jack?" I snapped out of my trance, realizing I was grinning. I looked at Ice, who was staring weirdly at me.

"What are you smiling at?" They smiled deviously. I blushed again.

"N-Nothing!" They laughed, making me blush even more.

"Cmon! What happened! You are blushing!" I bit my lip. Suddenly, they gasped. "YOU ARE SO CRUSHING ON HIM! Jack! He's popular!" I looked up at them expecting to see a scowl except Ice was smiling.

"I can't help it! He was so sweet, Ice! And strong, and RAAAAAH!" They giggled.

"Just...be careful Jack. I don't want you to get hurt," I nodded.

"It's okay, Ice. It was just harmless flirting anyway, I'm sure it won't blossom into something big," I said, making magical hand motions. They giggled, pulling into the apartment complex parking lot. We stepped out and went our separate ways.  A few minutes later, I was in front of the door to my apartment. I opened it, cringing at the smell of alcohol. I guess I had gotten used to the smell of a normal home over night. "Da-" I gasped when suddenly a fist collided with the side of my face. I fell to the ground, trying to escape to my mind as he kicked me over and over. I sobbed silently, the pain clouding my brain. I wheezed when he stomped on my stomach. He kicked me once more before letting me scramble to my room. I collapsed on the ground, blood pooling around me.

Worthless waste of air faggot no one cares just end it- BEEP

My phone interrupted my thoughts. I weakly pulled it from my pocket, seeing a new number had texted me. About to pass out, I opened it.

Hey! It's Mark ;3 just wanted 2 say that I can't w8 2 c u Monday, we should chill 2gether during lunch?

I then passed out, smiling.

...

I woke up, feeling like shit. My phone was still in front of me. Weakly, I pushed myself up, sitting against the door. It was night, and according to the clock on my phone it was 1:05 AM. I'll text Mark, he'll see it in the morning.

Jack: Hey! Yea, that would b fun.

I was about to turn off my phone when I saw Ice texted me.

Ice: How bad was it?

Jack; Pretty bad, I passed out :P

Ice: I really want 2 kill him.

Jack: U rn't alone in that dream. I'm gonna shower, night.

I turned off my phone and limped to the shower. The water stung horribly in my wounds, like lighting my flesh on fire. But I needed to start fixing myself up. If I wasn't gonna stand for myself, I at least needed to look tough.

A/N: Ever showered with a DEEP cut? That's fucking PAINFUL. Cleaning up the blood and then the water hits it! I'VE YELLED OUT LOUD, THAT STUFF HURTS.