48FourtyEight48

Mark pov

I noticed that Jack was deep in thought, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I mean, he was probably just scared. We were going to his house, and the last time he saw his family his father hit him. Was that regular for Jack? Was his dad really that mad? It worried me, even though it was more of a family matter.

But, then again, I kinda was dating him. Not really. I actually have no idea what we are. We kiss and live together, but haven't gone out or anything. Hell, I still don't know if I'm gay or just curious. But no matter what I was, I knew one thing for sure.

This boy totally had me screwed.

Soon we reached the apartments that Jack stayed in, and Jack squeezed my hand tightly. I looked down at him. His face was pale but his blue eyes shined with determination. I didn't object when in a rush of confidence, he pulled me into the building. We got on the elevator, and the tension was so thick you'd need a chainsaw to cut it. I licked my lips and swallowed the lump in my throat. "So-" He cut me off by kissing me, which I kissed back after getting over the stun. He pushed me against the wall, and I didn't resist. After a moment, he pulled away. He was blushing, but not as badly as me.

"Sorry Mark," He shrugged, turning around and stepping off the elevator since at some point while we were making out it stopped. "I just needed some confidence."

I blinked, then got off the elevator. "O-Okay." We walked down the hall and stopped in front of the familiar door. I could see that Jack was nervous as balls. I slipped my hand into his, making him blush and look down at them. "I love you, Jack. Nothing will happen to you," I mumbled, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. He bit his lip, then his eye brows knotted in a stern look.

"Alright. Lets do this." he opened up the door, and we both stepped in. There was a lot of yelling, but it stopped once we walked in. Jack's dad and...ma? Were standing in the living room. Her finger jabbed into his chest and his fist clenched, but their heads were turned to us.

"Hello," I mumbled, pulling Jack closer upon feeling their gazes of hate.

"What do you faggots think you're doing here?" The woman hissed, dropping her hands.

"Just getting me things," Jack mumbled. It surprised me. I thought he would have been silent during this whole thing. Before anyone could say anything, Jack was leading me down the hall to his room. I caught someone's eye through a slightly opened door.

"Oh you have GOT to be kidding me." Jack and I froze, hearing a familiar high pitched voice. We both look to see the door fully open and Sally standing there?! "YOU'RE our new brother?!" She growled, glaring at Jack.