57FiftySeven57

I kept my head down as I stabbed my pasta with a fork, listening to Mark catching up with his parents. "-And that's how we messed up the Christmas Krispies! But enough about us, Mark. Jack?" I looked up when Hannah called my name. She was smiling, and so was Mr. Fischbach and Mark. I blushed. "Tell us about yourself!"

I chewed the inside of my cheek. "Well...what do you want to know?"

Mark's father twirled his fork through the air. "Hobbies, work, family, girlfriend, you know." My face paled a little when he said 'girlfriend'.

"Oh...well I'm living with Mark right now." I looked at Mark who met my eyes. We both smiled. "Me and my dad kinda...fought." Their eyes became clouded with pity. I hated it, but didn't show it.

"And where's your mother?" I didn't meet Hannah's eyes.

"Uh...well...she's not here. Back in Ireland. But yeah, I like music and videogames. I want to go into hotel management for college." I decided to dodge the whole romance thing. His parents exchanged looks and I ignored Mark's sudden hand on my knee. "But yeah, I'd rather live with Mark. He's a cool dude." They all smiled, but Mark didn't take his hand off my knee.

"Well, thanks for the dinner Mom!" Mark yawned, standing up and grabbing the plates. "But I sure am tired," he looked over at me. I saw something in his eye. Oh! He wants to talk. "You coming Jack?"

I yawned, standing up. "Yeah, me too." Mark's parents looked at us as we hurried out of the room. "We'll see you in the morning!" As soon as we turned the corner Mark grabbed my hand and hurried us up the stairs and into his room. he shut the door and turned to me. "What's wrong, Mark?" He smiled.

"Nothing. My parents were just being boring. I wont be as bored up here with you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh? Is that so?" Mark grinned, placing his hands on my hips.

"Yeah," He slowly connected our lips and began kissing me softly. I kissed back, of course, and then pulled away after a moment. I smirked at his pout.

"Weren't you the one that made up the rule we couldn't make out while we were here?" He laughed.

"You've taught me something Jack." He leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. His breathing was gentle and warm breathes hit my mouth. Not that I mind. "Rule are meant to be broken, especially behind closed doors." I smirked and kissed him again. Yeah, fuck the rules.

A/N: Are these chapters too short?