17Seventeen17

A/N: Your eyes do not deceive you. this is indeed the fourth chapter I have uploaded today.

"Bye Dad, I'm going out," I called, hurrying towards the apartment door.

"ALRIGHT! BYE SEAN, STAY SAFE!" I left the apartment and scoffed. Stay safe. Thanks asshole. My crimson red thin hoodie was my replacement for the shaggy gray one, but I didn't mind since this one was darker. Easier to move around in the night without being spotted. I left the complex, admiring all the kids running around to get candy and the screams that filled the air from little cheap spooks. It was a nice night, a little chilly but beautiful with the full moon looming above. A perfect Halloween, indeed. I walked along the streets with my head low, avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone. I knew where to go, Ice wanted to meet by the park at 11:00, where it was dark and the teenagers had taken over the streets and most families were asleep. Perfect to set up pranks for unlucky people in the morning. It was 10:11, or so the clock had said when I left. I figure I have been walking for about fifteen minutes now. I began to get a bad feeling when I walked down a street with less people, only the occasional drunk stumbling to get to a party or home. Soon, I heard the sound of someone walking behind me. I sped up to a speed walk, but they did too. They began running, and so did I. I ran between two buildings, but only to realize it was an ally. I turned and there was a large man, messy red hair and dark brown eyes full of lust. Clearly in his thirties, or maybe just a drug addict. I was frozen to my spot when he shoved my against the wall. I yelped, terrified. "HELP!" I yelled out, then was silenced with a hand over my mouth.

Mark pov

I sigh, walking down the dark streets and scrolling through texts on my phone. Wade said that the party was somewhere around here, but It was so dark and I could barely see with the weak lighting the street lamps gave me. I groaned, leaning against a brick wall and just deciding to call Felix, since he is more than likely already there. It rang a few times, before he answered. "Hey Mark," He slurred. Drunk already, of course.

"Hey Felix, do you know what the address for the party is? I can't find it."

"Yeaaaaah," I heard him and someone else giggle. "It's house 467 on Walnut stree-"

"HELP!" It was a faint yell, but it caught my attention. I instantly pushed away from the wall, "I'm sorry Felix, I'll call you back," I hung up on him and shoved the phone into my pocket, dashing down the street. Where did that come from? What it just a  prank? No, it sounded too real. Too...terrified. I ran past an ally but skid to a stop when I heard muffled cries. I peeked my head a round the corner to see some man pushing a guy against a wall, struggling to remove the boy's jacket.

"Just...hold...still!" The guy growled. Anger and surprise pulled me down the ally.

"HEY!" I yelled, catching both of the men's attention.

Jack pov

I would recognize that flaming red hair anywhere. My assaulter ran off, jumping an old chained fence leaving me cold and shaken. He...he tried to...

I was pulled against Mark, and I didn't protest his hug. "Hey, are you ok-Jack?!" I tensed up, realizing my hood had fallen and Mark could see my hideous face completely. I gasped and pushed away from him, pulling back up my head and backing into a corner.  He stared at me with wide eyes, frozen to where he stood. "Jack?! What are you-"

"No! No just forget everything!" Holding down my hood I tried to run past him, but was pulled back by my shoulders. He spun me around, trying to see my face as he held my shaky frame.

"No, Jack what happened?! Why are you out here this late at night? Are you...are you okay?" I suddenly stopped shaking, frozen once more. No one...no one has asked me that with such care in their voice in months...

We both stood in silence, him frozen with shock and me frozen with realization. then it hit me. "L-Let me go! Just stop it!" I squeaked out, still shaken.

"No, no Jack. Cmon, you're coming to my house," I really wanted to protest, but he had put an arm around me as he led me away from the dark ally. He was warm, even if he was in a dark leather jacket. It felt right to be in someone's arms again. I continued to shake as we walked down the street.

"B-But, I h-have to m-meet Ice," I whispered.

"Plans are cancelled then," he said sternly in his deep voice. "You need to relax." I sighed. I guess I'll text them when I'm at Mark's house.