13Thirteen13

I crossed the street, my head low. "I swear to God, you better start talking sen- Oh! Hey Jack!" Ice let go of Mark's shirt collar, smiling when I reached them. Mark blushed, staring at me. Man, he was tall. I waved hello, blushing. Ice looked back and forth from me and Mark. Their eyes widened. "Oh no, you leave Jack alone!" They raised their fist but I quickly grabbed it, keeping it from knocking Mark's lights out. Mark flinched, but seemed shocked. Ice stare dat me with wide eyes and I shook my head no. "But...Jack!" I shot them my icy glare from beneath my hood. I let go of their hand, seeing the bus pull up. I shot Mark another look, though he couldn't see me, and pulled Ice with me to the bus.

Mark pov

I watched him walk away, my heart beating like crazy. Ice nearly punched me, and he could have let them, but...he didn't. I didn't get to see his face, but I knew that whatever look he gave Ice meant he meant business. I walked onto the bus, ignoring the squeals of the girls who liked me as I sat next to Matthias on the bus. He started talking about YouTube, but I really wasn't listening. My mind was on Jack. He's so...odd. I just want to tear off that hood and stare into his eyes. Listen and hang onto every bit of attitude in the words he would shoot at me and shove him against the wall from being annoyed. Just shut him up with a kiss-No, no don't think like that Mark. I really need to hookup with someone tomorrow at that party. But I hope Ice listened to me and keeps Jack away from the café. I heard some guys talking about how they were going to make his life hell during lunch. I don't want to see this guy's life ruined just because of who he is. Just the thought made me burn with anger. I looked over Matthias's shoulder, seeing jack on his phone. A music player up, "The Foxy Song" playing. He seemed to be enjoying it.

Jack pov (when they get to school)

"I'll see you later, Jack!" Ice said before hurrying off to their locker. I waved goodbye and turned to my locker, putting in the combination.  I gasped when it opened and a bunch of sticky notes fell out. I looked at the ground, covered with about a dozen colorful ones.

cυnт

lιĸeѕ ιт ιn тнe aѕѕ

ιdιoт

ғaggoт

Basically, insults of that caliber. I bit my lip, tears filling my eyes I quickly gathered them up and shoved them into my hoodie pocket before grabbing my books and running to home room. I sat in my chair, quickly covering my face with my hands. (awwww 3:) I didn't cry, I just squeezed my eyes tightly hoping for the nightmare to go away. "Jack? Are you okay?" I ignored Krism, knowing her and their little group didn't care. No one cared. Just Ice and my...mom. I ignored the kids poking my shoulder, until it just got straight up annoying. I lifted me head, not turning to look at them.

"I'm fine."