25TwentyFive25

Mark pov

Was this really happening? Was I actually kissing Jack? The boy that has been tearing apart everything I thought I knew about my sexuality? I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just like Jack. I want Jack to be close with me. I want to hold him. I...I don't know. But there was no turning back, we were already kissing. His lips were soft and warm against mine, and I loved it. I never wanted this moment to stop. "OH. MY. GOD." We quickly pulled away and looked at where the voice came from. Oh no. Jessica Prince. The biggest gossiper in school. And she had just seen a 'straight' popular boy kissing a total rebel.

"Oh! Hey Jessica!" I tried to act casual, waving to her while standing by Jack. She smiled and began jumping up and down.

"Hi Mark! Hi Mark's BOYFRIEND!" I cringed as her voice went up another octave when she said boyfriend.

"Uh, um-"

"The name's Jack," Jack mumbled, crossing his arms. "And I hate to break it to ye, but we aren't together. Murk was just helping me out with something." She shot a devious and questioning smile.

"Oh really? With what?"

Jack sighed, looking down. What is he doing? "I think I'm gay. So I asked Murk if just for once I could kiss him, to see if I like kissing guys. You just came at the worst moment." My eyes widened. What is he doing?!

Jessica laughed, "That's so sweet of Mark! Helping a loser realize he's a freak! Oh my god, tomorrow the whole school is going to know that you are a total man slut!" She then looked at me. "It's okay Mark, I'll keep you a secret though. You didn't do anything wrong. Toodles!" She then ran off. I looked at Jack, still wide eyed. But I couldn't see his bright blue eyes, his hood covered his whole face. He began to walk past me and up the path. I hurried after him.

"Jack! Why in the Hell did you do that?" I asked, walking by him.

"I know how much your reputation means to you," He said, the smirk clear in his voice. "Besides, I'm gay. You're straight. Don't throw away what you have for garbage, babe." I stopped when he said that, but he kept walking with his hands in his pockets.

"Jack." He didn't stop walking. I scowled, running to catch up with him. He stopped, turning to look at me, his hood still hiding his face. "Look at me." Nothing. "Please." Nothing. I slowly pulled his hood down and gasped. He had...more cuts. And tears in his eyes, his smirk gone as he bit his lip. "Jack..." Something flashed in his eye and he started running away from me. I ran after him and groaned. Jack was sitting on a bench, his head buried into his knees which were pulled up to his chest. I sat next to him, just staring at the trees before us. He was softly crying, I could hear him. He seemed so...weak. Like he was holding this all in for a while. I studied him, and saw his loose sleeve. I gently grabbed it, making him gasp. He looked up at me.

"W-What are you doing?"

"Shhh," I wrapped an arm around him, sighing when I noticed he was still tense. I pulled up his sleeves, checking for cuts. But what I found, was equally as worse. Bruises.