7Seven7

I yelped when I was thrown against the wall of our apartment, blood running down from where he dug his nails into my arms. I gasped when he began kicking me. "The fuck is wrong with you?! IVE SHOWN YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE, YOU LITTLE ASSHOLE!" I collapsed against the ground, coughing up a bit of blood. I met his cold eyes, glaring into them with what strength I had left. "Go to your room." I spit out a bit of blood into his sneakers before pulling myself to my feet and limping to my room. Once I got there, I slammed the door, locking it. I collapsed into my bed, the moonlight shining against the blood on my skin. I blinked back and tear, but it didn't save me from crying. This is my life. This is what I get. If I only I saved Ma, if only I was there...

Why couldn't it have been me?

I cried my eyes out until pure exhaustion took me.

•••

I woke up, hearing the ring of my phone alarm. I unlocked it and turned it off, seeing that it was 7:00. My first day at a new school. I tried to sit up and groaned. My body was covered in bruises and scratches, mid and blood clotting my clothes. I got up and limped to my bathroom, looking at the mirror. Complete. Shit. I sighed, softy touching the bruise on my chin. Good thing I have a hoodie. I changed into a gray shirt with white stars on it and jeans, and of course my sneakers. I threw on my hoodie and took care of my hair, smiling. I defenitly looked better after fretting dressed and covering up my wounds. I sighed, picking up my phone and putting it in my hoodie pocket. I grabbed my neon green backpack and slipped out of my room quietly. I then sprinted down the hall and into the kitchen, grabbing a pear from the fridge and running out of the house. I didn't stop running until I was safely in the elevator. I caught my breath and looked around, freezing. Someone stood there, arms folded as they observed me. They were wearing a light blue t-shirt with a dark brown jacket, jeans, and gray sneakers. "Gotta go fast?" I smirked at the reference.

"You could say that," they smiled.

"The names (Y/N), new here?"

I shook their hand, making sure to keep my arm hidden. "Yeah, I just moved here yesterday from Ireland. I'm Jack," 

"Well Jack, judging by the bag I'm guessing you are off to school already? Healy High?" I nodded, adjusting my grip on my bag. "Cool! I go there too! What grade?"

"11th. You?"

"Me too! Sweet bro!" They laughed and pumped their fist into the air. "Well, you can chill with me. I'm not the most popular, but I've got a good a rep. No one will bug you if you're with me." I grinned.

"Well that's perfect, because bad luck seems to be my shadow." We laughed and the elevator opened again. We both walked out. "If you don't mind asking, can I have your number?" They smirked.

"Flirting? Haha, just kidding. Sure," I gave them my phone and they typed it in, adding the name:  IceMash3 

I raised an eyebrow as they saved it. "It's my internet name," I nodded my head. (ITS MADE UP BTW) "So you can call me Ice."

"I'm Jacksepticeye," They laughed.

"Cool name! But we better hurry before we are late for the first bell." I nodded and we began walking down the street with a bunch of other teens.