26TwentySix26

Jack pov

I knew he was looking at them. Studying them. I tried to stop my tears, but I knew he was going to think I was a freak. I was surprised when I felt arms wrap around my waist, pulling me against his sighed. He laid his head down on my shoulder, snuggling against me. I bit my lip, holding back my sobs. "Cmon," he whispered. I sighed, standing up with him. We began walking down the path that led out of the park and I gasped when he slipped him hand into mine. I looked over at him, but he was looking down, biting his lip. We walked in silence. I had no idea where we were going, but I honestly didn't care. I'd go anywhere that wasn't home.

Mark led me down a street in a neighborhood. Soon we reached a house that I remember being Mark's. I sighed as he opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I did, watching him shut the door and turn back to look at me. "Cmon, I have a spare controller in my room," He smiled. "We can play Mario Cart or something." I nodded, walking with him to his room. He walked over to his desk and paused. "It's not there," He turned to look at me. "Let's look around." I nodded, walking over to his closet. We both rummaged around. "...Jack?"

"Hm?" I hummed in response, sifting through a box in the corner.

"...do you trust me?" I paused. Staring at the wall. a single tear left my eye and I sighed.

"...I...I don't know Mark." I heard him sigh, but I didn't look at him.

"Jack...can you...show me?" I bit my lip, looking at the ground. I slowly stood up and turned around. Mark slowly walked over to me, I stared at the ground. I slowly pulled off my jacket, revealing my bruised and scratched arms. The only sound that filled the room was the wind rustling through the leaves outside.

"Just say it," I snapped, looking up into his emotionless eyes. "I'm hideous." I expected him to snap at me, tell me to get out of his house. Anything but what he did next. He kissed me softly. I didn't close my eyes, I didn't want to. I didn't want to kiss him back. I didn't want him to know I was a mess. I didn't want him to like me, I wanted, no, needed him to kick me out. To forget about me, before we both got hurt. He pulled away from me, staring into my eyes.

"Jack, whoever did this to you...I'll make them pay. I promise." I smiled softly, and he smiled back. "Do you need help? My mom used to be a nurse, I know how to clean cuts." I smiled even more.

"You c-can help?" He nodded, holding one of my hands. I pulled him into a hug, making him chuckle. "Than ye Mark."

"No Problem, Jack. No problem at all."

A/N: This chapter was sad, but kinda sweet at the end. I promise it will be a lighter chapter next time.

Face Reveal :3