•TWENTY-NINE•

Gabby's POV

Gilinsky and I were both sitting on his couch, trying to figure out what to do. We decided to invite Johnson over so he could hang out with us too so he was already on his way.

"Hey, call Mackenzie and see what she's doing." Jack suggested.

"Eh.. I don't know if we're really on good terms right now." I shrugged.

"Why? What happened?"

"It's just... With this whole Hayes situation, she thought I was crazy. We went to a cafe one day to discuss everything and ended up having a small argument. I didn't even want to have to defend myself anymore so I just I walked out without saying anything, and I haven't talked to her since."

"Best friends argue all the time. Johnson and I even have our little moments. What was the significance behind this disagreement?" He asked, still confused.

"We went to the café down the street because I wanted to tell her about what happened with Hayes and stuff. I thought she would listen to me because she's my best friend, but she just told me I was crazy and paranoid. She claimed that she didn't, but she basically sided with him." I explained.

"She probably wasn't siding with Hayes, just trying to calm you down."

"Calm me down?"

"Yes, because he's been driving you crazy for the last couple of months, so when you put two and two together..." He trailed off

"So now you're saying I'm crazy?"

"No, no, no. I never said that. You just may be really paranoid or going through a little anxiety."

I let out a sigh and put my hands over my face "Why is this getting to me so much?" I whined

"I'm pretty sure it's normal to feel anxious when your ex did everything he possibly could to stalk you."

"Thanks for finally agreeing with me on something." I joked

"Yeah, no problem." He playfully rolled his eyes.

"I just don't understand why I dated him for so long." I almost cringed thinking about the time I wasted in that relationship.

"Why didn't you just break up with him?" He asked.

"Because I was too scared to. I wanted to maintain our bond, but be less than boyfriend and girlfriend, ya know? I just wanted to be friends, really. I enjoyed being his friend. He understands me and used to make me happy and stuff, but as we got older, he just started to get controlling and possessive and manipulative. It was an ok relationship, I just wasn't genuinely happy. I think I just enjoyed the familiarity of being in a relationship with him. Plus, I knew he would do some petty shit like set me out or something if I broke up with him." I explained.

"Then you could've told me, Johnson, Sammy, Nate, or someone else. We all had your back."

"I don't know, I just didn't want to create petty drama."

"It wasn't petty if you didn't feel comfortable. I know we didn't talk as much as we did in.. what? Our freshman year of high school, but you could still come to me with anything." Jack seemed kind of sad by the fact that I didn't come to him.

"Thanks, I wish I knew that then." I laughed to myself.

"It's no problem, but now you know," He said in a more serious tone

As jack opened his mouth to say something else, we both heard the front door unlock, and in walked Johnson.

"Hey Johnson." Jack said with a smile.

"Hey, guys." He said, flashing a warm smile back.

"Hey." I smiled and waved to him.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" He asked while jumping over the couch plopping down, right in between both of us.

"Actually, Gabby was just about to call Mackenzie, to see if she wants to hang out with us." Jack said.

"Thanks, so much, for the reminder." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course." He flashed a cheeky smile back at me.

I unlocked my phone and went to Mackenzie's contact, then pressed the call button.

I waited a few minutes for her to pick up as Jack and Jack both conversed about something.

It went to voicemail and I hung up since I was too lazy to leave one.

"She didn't pick up, but I think she's ignoring me because of what happened." I announced to the both of them.

"Do you guys have beef?" Johnson asked.

"Not beef, just a rough patch in our friendship." I corrected him

"Oh.. It won't last long, trust me. You guys'll be cool again pretty soon." Johnson assured me.

"Yeah, I hope so." I slightly laughed.

"Hey, what about Lia?" Johnson suggested.

"Yeah, text her." Gilinsky looked up at me

I picked up my phone and texted her

Hey Lia. Johnson, Gilinsky and I were all wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight?- Gabby

Sure, where and when?- Lia

In like 20 mins, and we're probably just going to get something to eat.- Gabby

Ok, pick me up though, I don't feel like paying for gas.- Lia

Bet- Gabby

"So, we're picking up Lia in twenty minutes." I set my phone back down

"Bet," Johnson said with a big smile "We should just walk around downtown or something." He suggested

"Yeah, that sounds good." Gilinsky agreed

"I don't know," I muttered "I don't want to see that blue-eyed psychopath."

"Hayes?" They both asked in sync.

"How'd you know?" I asked Johnson.

"I just figured. You guys broke up, he has blue eyes, and you give your ex a shitty name. It wasn't hard to connect those dots. I just didn't get the psychopath part?"

"It's a long story." I said and Johnson nodded

"Ok, well, let me get ready." I said while getting up from the couch.

I put on a pair of leggings, a black shirt, and black Huaraches, then put my hair up into a bun and walked back downstairs.

"You ready?" Gilinsky asked while standing up from his spot.

"Yessir." I walked towards him and Johnson.

"Then let's go have some fun." Gilinsky smiled down at me.

〰〰〰

Y'all, I'm back in my feelings about these damn deleted stories wtf😭😭😩