Chapter 1

This is the first time I'm writing a fan fic story. Please ignore any grammer or spelling errors. Also don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks!

I'm laying on my bed, staring up at my bedroom ceiling, watching the shadows dance across the room. My stomach let's out a rumble, as I glance at the clock on my nightstand that's by my bed. 4 o'clock in the morning.

One more hour, I think to myself, and then I can eat.

For some odd reason (maybe because I'm half vampire), part of my curse is not being able to move (except my head), from 1 am until 5 am. It's been that way, night after night, for as long as I can remember.

Being half vampire isn't all bad. It's not all like what they portray in the movies and/or books. I can be out in the sun, eat and drink food, and I'm aging like a human. I also have more strength than a normal girl my age.

The only really bad parts are the being immobile at night and drinking blood. I only drink bagged donor blood, that we get from the local blood bank. Never from the flesh. Just thinking about biting into someone's flesh gives me the chills.

I wish I was a normal girl, but I'm not. I sigh quietly, watching the time go by slowly.

At 5 am exactly, I sit up in bed. I slowly get up and walk to my closet.

My bedroom is small, just enough room for a double bed, a small nightstand, and a small bookshelf.

There are two doors in my room. One leads to the hallway, the other to a small closet. On the inside of the closet door is a full length mirror. I stand in front of it and stare at myself.

I'm short, about 5ft, slim, have green eyes, and shoulder length, dirty blond hair. Ordinary looks for an unusual girl.

I pull out a pink t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans, and quickly put them on. I also put on my black tennis shoes. A walk in the woods behind my house sounds like a good idea this morning.

I make my way downstairs. I live in a two-story grey house at the end of a half circle street in South Carolina.

There are two bedrooms and a full bath upstairs. Downstairs has a kitchen, living room, dining room, and a half bath. There is also a one car garage attached to the house. It has a closed-in porch out back, which looks out onto the big, open back yard. It's a lot of space for one person.

I lost both my parents in an accident when I was 10. My mom's sister, Emily, took me in. We only have each other now. At the moment, she is still in Illinois, wrapping up a few things before she moves fully here. She doesn't talk about her job, but she makes really good money. Enough for me to come on to South Carolina ahead of her. She wanted me to settle in and start school here, instead of moving during the school year. She trusts that I can handle myself, even though I am only 16. I don't know how to fight, but I do have strength enough to get lose and get away. Plus I'm really shy and keep to myself. I guess I should say I'm adopted and neither one of us knows about any other vampires. It's a learning process for both of us.