Chapter 7

My idea of what Victor looks like.

What did I do? What will I do? Holy cow, what did I do?

These thoughts have been running through my head like it was on endless repeat. I've been pacing the living room for the last hour. I had about 20 minutes before the guys start to show up.

When Gabriel had been here earlier, it had seemed like a good idea to befriend the boys. Now I'm not so sure.

What if they found me too weird or odd? What if I do something really stupid? Holy cow, what if they see the bags of blood?

Ok, ok. New plan. No one is allowed into the kitchen. Better yet, no one is allowed inside the house! Wait, no that wouldn't work. I'd seem really weird then. Ah ha! I'll just go over to Kotas and say......something. Yeah, I'll just make up an excuse for why we can't hang out right now. Yes, that will work. Off to Kotas I go.

So, at 3:50 pm, I find myself knocking on Kotas front door. Just as I'm about to make a run back to my house (cause yeah, that sounds like a good plan), the door opens.

In the doorway stands a boy about Kotas height, though his body was built slighter, with wavy brown hair and his brown eyes seemed to flicker like fire. Fire eyes, that fit him. He was wearing a long-sleeved, crisp white shirt and neat black slacks.

"Umm, hello. Is Kota home," I managed to croak out.

"I'm sorry, he's not back just yet. Is there anything I can help you with," he asked.

I debated for a second, then decided.

"Yeah, I'm Sang. I live just across the street. Can you just let Kota know that something came up and I can't hang out? Also have him let the others know too?"

The boy studied me for a second before speaking.

"Nervous about meeting everyone all at once, huh," he asked softly.

Something about the way he was looking at me made me think he understood how I felt. I had an undeniable urge to explain myself to him. Plus I felt silly about it all now. I took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I am. I'm sorry. I'm just not used to all this stuff, like meeting people and just hanging out."

He gave me a smile, his eyes starting to slowly simmer. "I understand completely. How about we walk back to your house and when Kota gets here, and you still feel too nervous, I'll make up an excuse and we'll leave."

Like with Gabriel yesterday, I had an undeniable urge to befriend this boy and all the others. Like when I'm near them, I feel like I can, but as soon as I'm alone, I feel like they'd think I wouldn't be worth getting to know or befriend.

"Ok," I agreed, stepping back and walking off the porch. He closed the door and stepped down near me.

"I'm Victor," he said, reaching out a hand to me.

I shook his hand and felt that familiar shock zap up my arm. He showed no sign of feeling anything.

We slowly made our way across the street to my house. I felt calmer as we sat down on the front steps.

"So did you just move in here recently," Victor asked.

"Yeah, my aunt and I moved down here from Illinois."

"Must be quite a cultural shock."

"Not really. I mean, yeah the accents took some getting used to and the trees are a little different, but nothing I cant get used to it."

"So who all have you met," he asked, changing the subject.

"Well I've met Nathan, Kota, Luke, Gabriel, and now you."

I left Dr Sean out, seeing as he was older than the boys and I didn't think they'd know each other.

"So really, you only have two more people to meet. Silas and North. North is Luke's brother."

Ok, I can handle meeting just two more people, I thought to myself.

" What are they like," I asked.

Before Victor could answer, a car pulled into my driveway. Seeing as my aunt was still in Illinois and I didn't have any deliveries for today, I assumed it was one of the boys. I watched as Kota opened the driver side door and got out. Nathan jumped out from behind the drivers seat. I watched as the passenger door opened and a figure started to step out.

Thanks everyone for the comments and votes! Just wanted to say a couple things really quick. The boys are fully human and for some reason, Sang is the only one to feel the shocks. Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)