Chapter 60

Thanks for the comments and votes!

I was finally about half way done unloading the u-haul. I had made multiple trips from the u-haul to the house, then to the rooms where the items were going, putting them away, and then going back out to the u-haul. Repeating the process over and over again.

I had been doing this for three hours. It would have been a little quicker, but Aunt Emily kept following me around. She was there as soon as I walked through the door, up until I walked back outside. It also would have been quicker if she would just unpack all her stuff herself.

Sang, it's the least you can do. She provides a roof over your head, food on the table, blood in the fridge, and clothes on your back. Helping her unpack and putting away her things is small in comparison to what she does for you.

I sighed at my inner voice. After three hours of listening to myself repeat the same thing again and again was giving me a headache. Or it would have, if I was able to get headaches. At the moment, I was more than a little annoyed.

I was reaching for one of the top boxes when a pair of arms came around me and lifted me off my feet. Before I could panic, a voice whispered in my ear.

"Sang Baby, what the h*ll are you doing?"

I relaxed, knowing it was just North. He sat me back onto my feet and I turned to face him. Silas was standing just inside the u-haul. He smiled at me.

"Hello Aggele Mou. Just what exactly are you doing here?"

I just looked at him for a moment. I was so surprised to see them, plus with the fright I'd had when North had grabbed me, that it took me a minute to process his question. "What do you mean what am I doing here? What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to find you," North told me, leaning against one of the walls and crossing his arms over his chest. "Imagine my surprise that when we came over to check on you, we find you moving sh*t all by yourself."

For some reason, his words and actions set me off. I marched over until I was standing in front of him. I poked his chest with every word I said. "First off, no one asked you two to come check on me. Did I ask you to? No, I didn't. Second, it's none of your business what I do. If I want to unpack a u-haul all by myself, I bloody will. In fact, if I wanted to move all the furniture in the house by myself, I will! Third, what the ever loving h*ll are you guys doing here?"

I slapped a hand over my mouth, my eyes wide as I looked at North and then Silas. While North looked shocked, and a little mad, Silas looked like he was trying no to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh, Silas! I will have none of it! You hear me? NONE OF IT!"

"Sang, is everything ok out there," Aunt Emily's voice called out. From the sound of her voice, she must be either in the doorway or standing on the porch steps.

"Yeah, sorry Aunt Emily," I shouted out to her as I quickly marched over to Silas and grabbed his arm. I pulled him farther into the u-haul, getting his big body out of sight. North hadn't moved from his spot, but I figured he was well out of sight. I let go of Silas and then quickly walked back to the end of the u-haul. I stuck my head out and looked around for her. She was standing just in the doorway. I mentally sighed.

"Is everything ok," she asked again.

"I thought I saw a......ummm.....thought I saw a mouse and it surprised me," I told her, unable to think of anything else at the moment. I gave her a small smile. "I think it's gone now, so I'll just grab the next box and bring it on in."