Chapter 51

Thanks for all the comments and votes!

I slowly rocked the porch swing back and forth with my left foot. My right foot was tucked up under me. I was wrapped up in a warm and fluffy blanket.

I was waiting for the sun to rise, one of my favorite things to do these days. I always enjoyed the sunrise. It was like the new day arriving was promising only good things to come. I knew it was silly of me to think that way, but I did.

Just as the first rays were coming up, it lightened up the view of the back yard. I glanced around. It was a huge, fenced in back yard. In one corner, there was a small garden and towards the front of the yard, close to the house, there was an under ground pool, which was empty this time of year. There was also a fence around the pool.

In the other corner, there was a concrete basketball court, with a couple of basket balls forgotten in the grass just to the side of it. Right next to it stood a good size building, the doors closed, but I knew that later, they would be opened, and stay open all day.

I looked around the porch as more rays came up. I could just make out the wicker furniture that lined up on the long porch. I knew that the porch went all the way around the house, as did the furniture. I was sitting in one of three porch swings. The one that I was in was very comfortable with a bunch of pillows surrounding me.

There were decorative pillows thrown about, on every piece of wicker furniture and the 4 tables on the back porch all had matching table top covers on them.

I looked back toward the sky line, which showed the sun just about to rise above the tree line. I watched it, swinging slowly back and forth.

When the sun was all the way past the tree line, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone came to find me. They wouldn't leave me alone for long, but they understood my need to see the sunrise alone. They might not like it, but they understood it.

Sure enough, a few minutes later the door behind me opened up.

"Miss Sorenson, perhaps it would be a good time to come inside and warm up for a bit."

I turned until I could see Owen standing just behind the swing. I smiled up at him.

"Mr Blackbourne, perhaps now would be a good time to come and sit down beside me. You can help keep me warm," I replied.

He gave me his millimeter smile before doing as I had asked. He sat down beside me and pulled me closer. I lifted my foot and tucked it under the blanket. He took over pushing the swing.

"Good morning, Peanut," came a voice from behind me. Nathan soon came into view, stopping when he was in front of me.

"Good morning, Honey," I said, smiling up at him. He had a cup in his hand and he handed it to me. I took it, but didn't drink it, not yet. I knew that I needed to, but at the moment I just couldn't make myself.

I heard the back door open and then Kota came into view.

"10, you've got to have all that drank before North or Doc come out, or you will never hear the end of it," he told me as he sat down on the other side of me. I was nice and warm now, sharing body heat with Owen and Kota.

I grimaced, but started to drink it. I tried not to gag.

"Trouble, it can't be that f*cking bad," Gabriel said, as he too, walked into view. "Just chug the f*cking thing."

"Language, Mr Coleman," Owen said.

"Sh*t, sorry," Gabriel replied, before he sat in one of the chairs near by. "How was it this morning?"