Chapter 53

I'm sorry it has taken so long to update. Hopefully the next update won't take as long to write.

Thanks for all the comments and votes. :)

Once everyone had arrived and had seen that I was ok, they seemed to settle down a little. Gabriel claimed the spot on the other side of me and Luke sat down in front of me, with his back resting against my legs.

It was oddly quiet. All I could do was watch them, trying to gauge their reactions to this new development.

Kota seemed to be deep in thought, his brows furrowed, as if trying to solve a difficult problem.

Gabriel looked to be zoned out, not really seeming to focus on anything in the room.

North, along with Nathan, were glaring at Victor.

Victor sat there, looking down at his phone. He seemed to be watching something. He didn't seem to notice the looks North and Nathan were giving him, or if he did, then he was just ignoring them.

Silas was silently leaning back against the wall across from me, in between North and Nathan. Every time our eyes met, he'd make a funny face, causing me to giggle a little. It helped relieve some of the tension in the room.

Mr Blackbourne was silently watching me, though in a way that, for once, didn't make me nervous. I got the feeling that I was a puzzle and he was trying to find the missing pieces to put me together.

Dr Sean seemed to have disappeared from the room as soon as he gave me a quick look over. I could hear him moving around in the kitchen. What he was doing, was anybody's guess.

Luke seemed to be the most relaxed out of the guys. I couldn't see his face, but I could feel him leaning back onto me more as the minutes went by. He titled his head, looking up at me with a big smile on his face.

"Guess what this means, Cupcake. No more excuses for not making cupcakes at 3 in the morning!"

North exploded.

"WHAT THE F*CKING H*LL, LUKE?! WITH ALL THIS SH*T GOING ON, THAT'S THE ONE F*CKING THING THAT YOU FOCUS ON?! ARE YOU F*CKING NUTS?!"

I could only stare across the room at North, taken aback by his outburst.

"North chill out, ok. I was only joking," Luke replied calmly, not sounding surprised by North's yelling. Under his breath, I heard him mutter," So wasn't joking, Cupcake."

Before I could say anything, North turned his attention to me.

"WHAT THE F*CKING H*LL, SANG BABY?! SOMETHING MAJOR HAPPENS AND YOU DON'T THINK TO F*CKING TELL US? DIDN'T THINK WE WOULD NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS NEW F*CK-"

"Mr Taylor, that is enough," Mr Blackbourne's voice rang out, sharper than I had ever heard it before. "Attacking Miss Sorenson will not help us in any way, except to cause her more stress. If you are not able to get your anger under control, I suggest you take a step outside. Return after you are back under control."

North left the room, Silas following behind him.

After the door shut, Mr Blackbourne turned back to me. He must have seen the worried look on my face, for he replied, "He will be fine. After he calms down, Mr Taylor and Mr Korba will rejoin us."

He paused.

"Miss Sorenson, I understand that you must be very confused. We will do everything in our power to help you figure all this out."

Before I could reply, which I didn't really now what to say anyway, Dr Sean walked back into the room. He gave a slight nod to Mr Blackbourne, who then turned back to address me.

"Miss Sorenson, I would like to talk to you about what all has happened in the last 24 hours. I understand some of it might be uncomfortable to speak about, with the others here. If you would be more comfortable speaking to just Dr Green and myself, we can go into the kitchen and speak there."

I blushed, thinking about all that had happened with Victor.

It would be too embarrassing to speak about it in front of the others, especially since Victor regretted it. I didn't want to make any of the others upset and I didn't need them to feel sorry for me, either.

"I think that would be best, Mr Blackbourne."

Luke leaned up, allowing me to stand. I carefully walked around him and into the hallway. I heard footsteps behind me. I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. Mr Blackbourne and Dr Sean took seats close to me.

"Before we begin, I just want to let you that what ever is said in this room, remains in this room."

I gave Mr Blackbourne a slight smile, before looking down at the table again.

Just remember,I thought to myself, they said I could tell them anything. They only want to help.

"Ok, Miss Sorenson, we would like you to start at the beginning. Tell us everything, no matter how small, and hopefully, we can begin to solve this new mystery."

Sorry that this is a short chapter. 

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)