Chapter 41

Thanks for the comments and votes!

Silas's POV

Man, stake out duty sucks. I wish I was doing anything but this.

I'd been on stake out duty since taking over for North earlier this morning. Nothing interesting about our mark. The guy hasn't left his house since he returned from school Friday night. The principle was one boring guy.

I glanced down at my phone, checking the time. Almost 1 in the afternoon. One more hour, than Nathan would arrive to replace me.

I was looking forward to taking a nice, long nap.

Maybe I would stop by Sang's house first, just to see her before I go to sleep. Everyone need's an angel to dream about, and she was mine.

Aggele Mou.

Just then, my phone shocked me, causing me to drop it at the suddeness of it. I quickly snatched it up, knowing that if someone had red lined me, when everyone knew I was on duty, then that meant something bad had happened.

Only one person came to mind.

Sang.

Seeing North's name ligthing up the screen, I pushed the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Si, get your *ss to Sang's house now. Something bad is going on and we don't have a f*cking clue what's causing it. She's in pretty bad shape," he whispered the last part.

That's what scared me the most. North was a loud person, the whole 'shouting when he cared' kind, so if he was whispering, bad sh*t was going down.

I quickly hung up and put the car into drive. A 35 minute drive took only 15 minutes. Luckly, no cops were near to pull me over. Even then, I don't think that would have stopped me from getting to Aggele Mou.

I rushed from the car and towards her front door, throwing it open and running into the living room, where I could hear voices coming from. Coming into the room, I came to a sudden stop. I was not prepared for the sight that greeted me.

There on the couch, was poor Aggele Mou, passed out, covered in sickness and blood. Her whole body was shaking and she had her arms wrapped around her waist, her body curled up like she was trying to stop the pain.

Around her stood all of my brothers except for Kota and Doc, who I figured were on their way here. The others were yelling back and forth, but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I felt numb, just standing in the doorway, not daring to even blink, afraid that if I did, she would be gone from me for forever.

The only other time I had felt this soul deep fear and sadness was the day that I had learned that my mother had died and that my own brother had caused her death, accident or not.

Even now I could feel myself closing off, trying to block out the fear that she, too, would be taken from me.

"Si, snap the f*ck out of it! Look at me, d*mn it!"

I wanted so badly to look at North, to ask him what was happening, but I couldn't get past the fear of taking my eyes off of Sang.

A loud slap sound, along with a stinging cheek, let me know that North had slapped me. It worked.

"What happened," I whispered, turning to stare back at my poor Aggele laying on the couch.

"We don't have a f*cking clue. Mr B said that she drank and then started to get sick. One second it was just vomiting sickness, then it was blood. When we got here, he already had her on the couch. She was just vomiting and clutching her stomach then. When they went to touch her to change her clothes, she screamed and passed out. She's been shaking ever since."