Chapter 58

Thanks for all the comments and votes!
I will be going back through my other chapters, but only to fix misspelled words or to make a sentence work like it should. I will not be changing anything about the story/chapters. I will finish this story before I rewrite it, if I still feel like it needs it. Thanks again, you guys, for your advice! :)

After Mr. Blackbourne had left our table and had disappeared from view, I quickly blocked out the guys, who had stared talking rapidly to each other, and found a crack in the table to focus all my attention on.

Mr. Hades has been talking to Aunt Emily? Why? After all these years, I hadn't known that they were still in contact. Why did she not tell me this?

I scoffed, already knowing the answer to that one.

If she had wanted me to know, which she clearly did not, she would have told me.

I was beginning to think that the guys were onto something, that Mr. Hades did want something specifically from me. I had no idea what it could be though. Since he was already talking to my aunt, that ruled out my theory that he'd wanted my help with getting back into contact with her. I had no other theories to go on.

Why is he so focused on me? I'm nothing special. I get good grades, I attend school everyday, and it's not like I'm getting into any trouble with the other students or with the teachers. I keep my head down and I behave. I'm silent, quiet, and don't cause problems.

Until now, apparently.

The lack of voices broke me from my thoughts.  The guys had been taking, but now all was quiet. I glanced around to make sure the guys were still here and hadn't left while I had zoned out, but they were all looking at me. I blushed.

"Did I miss something?"

Gabriel laughed as he put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. "Trouble, Trouble, Trouble. This is the second time today that you have ignored poor Kota."

I quickly looked over to Kota, to see a light blush on his cheeks. I felt my own cheeks heat up.

I had been ignoring Kota. The only one, besides Mr. Blackbourne, that I didn't want to disappoint.

"I'm sorry, Kota. I just got lost in thought. What was it that you asked?"

He cleared his throat. "I was just asking if you would feel more comfortable if you were to stay at someone else's house instead of at yours. We already know that Mr. Hades knows where you live and he has no problem with showing up unannounced. With your aunt coming home soon, she might even have him over often. Since she wouldn't understand why a group of guys would be around you, especially inside the house, no one would be close enough to get to you should something happen."

I thought it over. While I was getting closer to the guys, I didn't think it was proper for a girl my age to stay over at a boy's house. Not that I thought anything would happen. I knew they would never hurt me or do anything inappropriate, but there was also the whole bitting thing.

I mean, what if I accidentally bite someone because....I don't know.... something happened, and the same thing happens like it did with Victor. We wouldn't have anyone there to stop anything from happening and I know that I wouldn't be in a good frame of mind. I wouldn't be able to stop myself, nor did I think that I'd really want to.

I blushed at that last thought. I had taken Sex Ed class, but I had never experienced anything like I had with Victor that day. It had even lead to us making out, though that kind of ended badly. For him, because the bite caused his reaction, and for me, it was because Kota and Nathan had witnessed it.

"What brought on the blush, Cupcake," Luke asked. I looked over to him and he wiggled his eyebrows while wearing a big grin. I blushed even harder.

"Knock it the f*ck off, Luke," North said, as he walked over and slapped him upside the head. Luke lowered his head and held his hands up.

"I was just asking, little brother," he told North. He turned back to me, his expression softer. "I'm sorry, Sang. I shouldn't have said anything or be insinuating anything. I'm really sorry." He turned to Kota. "I don't think she should stay out at our place with us. Uncle usually doesn't mind what we do, but if we bring a girl into the house, he definitely would have a say about that."

"Luke's right about that," North added. He turned to me. "I'm sorry, Sang Baby. It's not that we don't want you to stay with us."

"I know, North. Besides, I don't think I can get away with staying with anyone," I said, turning toward Kota and giving him an apologetic smile. "With my aunt coming home, while she's really not interested in what all I do, she will notice me not being there. She also wouldn't like boys being in the house. At least, I don't think she will. We've never talked about it."

"Maybe you should bring it up the next time you talk to her," Kota suggested.

"Hello," Gabriel cut in, " has everyone forgot how her aunt treats her over the phone? She doesn't let Sang get a f*cking word in. How is she supposed to ask her about us being in the f*cking house?"

"I meant when her aunt comes home. According to Sang," he turned and looked at me. I nodded. "According to Sang, her aunt could be here any day now."

"I'll try to talk to her about it," I told them.

"What about at night? We can't leave her alone during that time, even if her aunt is there," Victor spoke up.

Kota paused, seeming to think the new problem over in his mind. "We have the cameras'. We can go back to using them to keep an eye on her." He turned to me. "Sang, will it bother you if we use the cameras'? Just to check on you during the night?"

I thought it over. For some reason, I was oddly ok with it. While before they would have only used it if they couldn't reach me, now they would be using them all night.

I know he said just to check, but some of the boys would probably watch the cameras' all night.

I knew they wouldn't be doing it in a perverted way. They only wanted to know that I was safe. North had been watching the cameras' a couple of times and he was the one who had known about me moving around that early in the morning after the incident.

Ok, ok. So maybe only North would be watching.

Which, once again, I was oddly ok with it.

"That would be fine, Kota. I trust you guys," I said, as I looked at each one. Deep down inside, to the very core of my being, I knew that I could put all my trust into them.

Don't forget to comment/vote! :)