Chapter 61

Thanks everyone for the comments and votes!

After I had finished putting the last of the pans away, I quickly excused myself and escaped up to my room. I sent a quick text to Kota and North, letting them know that everything was fine and I was in my room. I sent another text to both North and Silas, thanking them again for their help. I had debated on whether to tell the guys about my aunt's odd behavior, not to mention the fact that her words had scared me a little, but in the end I chose not to tell them. I knew they all had their own family problems and I didn't want to add to that. Plus, I was sure I could handle this myself.

Yeah, Sang, you can handle this. All you have to do is avoid your aunt......... For the rest of your life.

I frowned at my little pep talk. It didn't help to make me feel better.

Maybe I had just imagine the way she looked at me and I must have misunderstood her words. Took them to mean something creepy, but was actually the opposite. Maybe that was her was of saying she was looking out for me.

I snorted at that thought. I hadn't imagined anything nor had I misunderstood her words. I shivered again, just thinking about the whole episode in the kitchen.

I couldn't think of any reason for her to act that way towards me. She had only ever been a bit distant towards me. We never really even talked, except when she had something to say to me. Which wasn't often. We tended to stay out of each other's way when she was home.

Knocking at the door broke me from my thoughts.

"Sang, I ordered us some food from a restaurant near by. Would you be a dear and get the door when they knock. There's money on the desk by the door. Just let me know when it gets here."

I heard the sound of a door shut and sighed. I got up and walked downstairs to wait.

*****

"Aunt Emily," I said as I knocked on her door, "the food is here."

The door opened suddenly and I quickly moved out of her way. She was still in the same clothes, hadn't changed even though it was almost 11 o'clock.

"Good, good," she said as she walked towards the stairs.

I walked back to my bedroom, more than ready to get back to the safety of it. As I reached for the door handle, she spoke.

"Sang, I ordered enough food for the both of us. There is no reason to let a good meal go to waste. Not to mention, you look like you need a good, healthy meal to eat. You look like you have lost some weight since I last saw you. You need to take better care of yourself, sweetie." Her voice was soft and had a hint of concern in it.

I turned around to look at her. She was standing just on the first step down, twisting a little to look back at me. Her tone of voice, not to mention her words, caught me completely off guard. Where was the aunt from earlier? Since when did she care about my weight? She had me so confused and I had no guesses as to where this side of her had come from.

"Come on," she said, waving me over. "Let's go eat before the food gets cold."

With that, she turned back around and headed down the stairs. After a few seconds, I sighed and followed after her. We hardly ever ate together and she had never said a word about what I had ate before. What was going on?

As I reached the bottom step, I turned and headed into the kitchen. She was already seated at the table, a salad in front of her. I walked over to the counter, where the food was. I grabbed a plate and put a small amount of everything onto it. Since I had no appetite, I got small portions, hoping she wouldn't notice how much I actually ate or rather how much I didn't eat. I walked over and sat my plate down on the table, before pulling out my chair and sitting down.

"Sang, you really ought to eat more than that. You're not a bird. There's no need to eat like one."

"I'm not that hungry," I told her, not looking up from my plate. I had no idea if she had mentioned the word 'bird' on purpose or not. Either way, I wasn't about to look at her. I did not want to see that smile ever again, not if I could help it.

Silence descended as we started to eat. I kept my eyes on my plate as I took small bites every now and then. I mostly just moved the food around. When she got up from the table, I did too. She sat her plate by the sink and turned to me.

"Good night, Sang. Sleep well." With that said, she turned and walked out of the room. I heard her footsteps on the stairs and then a door shut. I shuddered again, feeling extremely freaked out by the night's events.

As much as I wanted to escape back into my room, I couldn't leave the kitchen the way it was. I put the leftovers into containers and put them in the fridge. I washed up our dishes and wiped down the table and counters. With all that done, I quickly raced up the stairs and into my room. I barely managed to stop myself from slamming the door in my haste.

I flopped myself down onto the bed and picked up my phone. Before I could send someone, anyone, a message about tonight's strange, almost frightening events, there was a knock on my door.

"Sang, I need your help. I don't like the way the bedroom is set up anymore. We need to move some things around."

I sighed and dropped the phone back onto the bed. I stood and headed to the door, opening it. Aunt Emily wasn't in sight, but her door was open. I headed towards it.

I'll talk to someone about it tomorrow.

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)