Chapter 5

My idea of what Luke looks like, ecept with longer hair.

It's been about three days since I met the guys. I've not seen them, or anyone else, since.

Here it is, 10 pm, and I'm sitting in the living room reading a book. I really want to finish this book before I have to lay down. I have just 3 hours left, and I don't want to be caught in a cliff hanger. I hate those.

Every night, for as long as I can remember,  from 1 am until 5 am, my body becomes immobile, except for my head. My vocal cords won't even work then either. I think it's because I'm half vampire, I'm not 100 percent sure. Also, since I only need about an hour or two of sleep at night, it makes for a very long night.

Just as I'm about to find out who the vampire girl will choose,  between two rival vampire clans, there comes a knock from the front door. I glanced at the clock on the wall, 11 pm.

Whose knocking at 11 at night, I wondered as I got slowly up. Maybe if I'm quiet, they will go away.

After about 10 minutes, they are still knocking at the door, each knock more frantic than the last.

I let out a sigh as I walk to the door.

What if it's an emergency? Or an ax murder?

The last one stops me from reaching out my hand to the door knob.

"Hello? Anyone home," I hear a male voice ask from the other side of the door. "Hello? Please, it's an emergency."

I quickly open the door.

"Oh, hello," said the boy, who looked to be about my age.

He had shoulder length blond hair, flowing around his face, and his eyes looked dark in the porch light. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white button up shirt, though all the buttons were undone. I blushed.

He was also holding...a measuring cup?

"Yeah, sorry for bothering you so late at night," the boy said, smiling at me. "I have an emergency! I have ran out of sugar and I'm making cupcakes. You can't make cupcakes without sugar!"

He seemed to have drifted off into thought while saying that last part. I heard him mumble under his breath, " I told him I needed that sugar, but no."

He seemed to snap out of his daze when I let out a nervous laugh.

"Sorry, sorry. My name is Luke. My friend lives just over there," and he pointed to a house a couple houses down from mine.

Does he mean Nathan's house?

"I saw your light still on and thought I'd see if you had any sugar I can borrow."

"Hi, I'm Sang. It's ok, I was just reading. I'm sure I have sugar. How much do you need?"

"Right at 2 cups please," he said as he handed me the big measuring cup.

"Alright, I'll be right back," I said as I turned in the doorway and shut the door behind me. I'm glad he didn't try to follow me inside. He looked nice enough, but you never know.

I quickly went into the kitchen and got the sugar into the cup. I went back to the door and opened it. He was still standing there, a dazed smile on his face.

"Here you go," I said as I handed him the cup. Our figures touched, and that same shock zapped up my arm. I was expecting it, so this time I didn't flinch or jerked back.

Why do I keep getting shocked for?

"Thank you so much. I've got to run, but I'll bring you a cupcake by in the morning. As a thank you for the sugar. Bye!"

"Bye," I called back as he sprinted across the yard and out of sight. I closed the door and locked it. I glanced at the clock and saw an hour had passed since Luke had knocked on my door.

Time for bed. I'll have to wait until morning to see who she chooses.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)