Chapter 68

Thanks you guys for all the comments and the votes! You guys are awesome! :)

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

After watching the events unfold on the cameras, he was extremely proud of Miss Sorenson. After watching how she had saved herself, he realized just how much he had seen her as a delicate flower that was in constant need of protection. He now saw her in a whole different light and while he and his brothers liked protecting her, he was glad that she could protect herself when they couldn't be there to do it for her.

He glanced over to where she was nestled against Sean, who was leaning against the far wall. He felt no jealousy at seeing Sean holding her, comforting her. He only wished to be the one doing it as well, but if he could not then he was happy Sean was here to do it for him. He was only glad that she felt safe enough to let Sean comfort her.

Even though she had spent more time with the other boys, he had felt a strong connection to her ever since he had meet her, and he knew Sean did too. He also knew Sean. Sean was at the end of his rope with giving her space. He had often thought that she was sometimes overwhelmed by the other boys and he knew that Sean would be ten times worse when he was free to be around her more. Not that he could blame him.

He got up from the chair and walked out of the room without a word. Once he shut the door, he pulled his phone out and began making the necessary calls. He started with Mr. Lee.

"Hello," Mr. Lee said when he answered his phone, "is everything ok?"

He knew that Mr. Lee was very protective of the group. For him to call when they were on a mission that he himself had assigned to them, Mr. Lee would automatically assume the worst. Not that he could blame him for the worry. No call while they were on a mission meant a good thing. To relieve calls meant something had gone wrong.

"Mr. Lee, report," he said without answering the question.

"Her aunt arrived back home after dropping Sang off at school. She hasn't moved since then. It's been quiet on our end," Mr. Lee said, getting right down to the business at hand.

"I'm pulling you and Mr. Griffin off of the mission. I need you two to come to our office as soon as you can."

"On it," Mr. Lee said before he hung up.

He dialed the next member of the team.

"Yes," Mr. Taylor Jr spoke when he answered the phone.

"Report, Mr. Taylor Jr."

"Three people in the house when we arrived. So far, fifteen people have entered the house but only ten have left. Other than the amount of people going in and out, nothing suspicious has happened. It's been quiet."

"I'm pulling you and Mr. Korba off the mission. I will contact the Academy, let them know that we need them to send replacements for the two of you. You are to arrive at our office as soon as the replacements have arrived."

He hung up before Mr. Taylor Jr. could say a word. Knowing him, he would not have gotten off of the phone without a full explanation of what was going on. It would be better to tell them all at once.

He dialed again.

"Mr. Blackbourne," Mr. Morgan's baritone voice came over the line.

"Report, Mr. Morgan."

"We have tailed the suspect since he left his house about an hour ago. He has not stopped and does not seem to be in any hurry to get to his destination, wherever that maybe."

"What about Mr. Taylor Sr. Was he successful?"

"He searched the house but did not find the evidence we were looking for. He is currently walking to the nearby mall to wait for us."

"I'm calling the Academy to send replacements for you three. When the members let you know that they have him within their sights, you are to pick Mr. Taylor Sr. up and head straight to the school. Come right to the office, do not stop anywhere along the way."

Mr. Blackbourne ended the call and sighed. He turned to the blood stained door and frowned. It was yet another sign of just how close they had been to losing Miss Sorenson.

He walked back into the room and sat in his office chair. He turned until he faced Sean and Miss Sorenson. He began to talk.

*****

He glanced down at his phone when an incoming coming text came through.

Mr. Lee: We have arrived. Do we wait for the others or come straight there?

Mr. Blackbourne: You are to wait for the others. When every one has arrived, I will meet you at the back entrance, the one off of the front office.

He had soon realized, after making the calls, that having them arrive at different times would do more harm than good. It would be easier to tell them the events only once, instead of repeating the whole ordeal.

*****

He met them at the door. Some gave him confused looks while others looked at him worriedly.

"What the f*ck is this all about," Mr. Taylor Jr. asked before the others could say a word.

"What I am about to tell you boys, I need you to remember two things. Stay calm and no yelling," he said as he gave Mr. Taylor Jr. a firm look.

At their nods, he opened the door and walked into the dim hallway. The others followed and the door shut behind them with a loud bang.

"Wait a f*cking minute," Mr. Coleman spoke loudly. "Is that f*cking blood," he asked as he pointed to the door handle.

The others all turned as one, seeing the blood stains on the door and the handle.

"What the f*ck is going on," Mr. Taylor Jr. yelled. "Just what the f*cking h*ll is going on?"

"Follow me," Mr. Blackbourne said as he turned from the door. He did not reply to the question. They would all know soon enough.

Mr. Griffin, who had been in front of him, came to an abrupt stop. "That's a lot of blood," he stated as he looked at the blood stains on the walls and the blood puddle that was in the middle of the walkway.

"Keep going," Mr. Blackbourne told him.

They all stepped to the side, careful not to touch the blood on the wall or the floor.

After a couple of minutes, Mr. Lee spoke up. "There's a small blood trail," he stated as he walked beside Mr. Blackbourne.

"Yes there is," he told Mr. Lee, leaving it at that.

They walked in silence the rest of the way, but when they saw the blood stained office door as it came into view, that silence was broken by several different voices. They all stopped in their tracks.

"What the f*ck," Mr. Coleman.

"What happened," Mr. Taylor Sr.

"What in the world," Mr. Morgan,

"What the h*ll happened here," Mr. Griffin.

"Who's blood is all this," Mr. Korba.

"Mr. Blackbourne," Mr. Lee asked.

"Sang," Mr. Taylor Jr. yelled as he ran for the door. Everyone else sprung into action, all running after him. Mr. Blackbourne walked toward the door, already knowing what they were about to see.

Mr. Taylor Jr. reached the door first and pushed it open, causing it to slam hard into the wall. He froze in the door way and Mr. Korba pushed him out of the way. Everyone else entered and stopped. When he entered the office, he saw that they had formed a half circle around Sean and Miss Sorenson. She was giving them all a hesitant smile.

"Boys," he said, gaining their attention. "We have a lot to discuss."

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)