Chapter 37

Thanks for the comments and votes!

Oh, no. What am I going to do?

I paused, just now realizing that I had drank 4 bags of blood earlier this morning.

Why in the world did I drink that many bags this morning? Was it because of the tears?

Surely that wouldn't cause that much blood lose, but then again, I had never cried bloody tears before. I'd need to try harder next time to not cry, at least not as much as I had this morning.

"Trouble, what's wrong," Gabriel asked, as he walked up beside me, wrapping one arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

I looked up at him, seeing the concerned look on his face.

Would I always cause them to worry over me?

I smiled at him, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I just realized that I was out of blood. I'll need to call my aunt back and see if she can get the blood ordered and delivered sooner than Tuesday."

"Oh, that. Don't worry about it. Dr Green will bring some by later today, after his shift at the hospital. I'll text him how much to bring by. You said she was having blood delivered this Tuesday?"

I just stood there, looking up at him, shocked.

How exactly was Dr Sean going to get the blood?

I mean, I know he's a doctor, but I also know that he can't just walk in and walk out with blood without permission to do it. I didn't want him to risk his job just to get blood for me.

I wasn't worth it.

I watched as he pulled his phone out, looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"Gabriel, it's fine. I can just call my aunt. It will be fine. I don't want to bother Dr Sean, ok?"

He stood there, watching me.

"Please, Gabriel," I pleaded with him. I didn't want to push it, but I also didn't want Dr Sean to get into trouble over me.

He sighed, then said, "Ok, Sang. How about this? You call your aunt, but if she doesn't answer or can't get the blood before Tuesday, then you let Dr Green bring the blood. There is no way any of us are going to let you starve, not if we can help it."

Ok, I could do that. I'll just call my aunt. That will be that.

30 minutes later, I was answering Gabriel's question from earlier.

I watched as he sent a text, still somewhat shocked.

Not only did my aunt not answer when I called, several times, but she sent me a text, after I sent her one that explained what I needed, that read:

Aunt Emily: Sang, I'm sorry, but I don't have time to order blood. You should have enough to last till Tuesday. If you don't, just skip a day or so. It's only 3 days. You will survive. Got to go. Love you.

Gabriel, after reading the message over my shoulder, blew up.

"F*cking d*mn mother f*cking sh*t. What the ever loving h*ll does she want you to f*cking do? Starve? What kind of f*cking person is your aunt, to want you to f*cking starve or even f*cking better, be in f*cking pain until d*mn Tuesday! Sh*t d*mn mother f*cker!"

Even knowing he wasn't mad at me, I still flinched as he went off.

Although I couldn't fault him for being upset, I also couldn't feel the same way about her reaction. I knew that she was really busy. Plus, I don't think she knows what really happens when I don't drink. I couldn't think of a single time where she had been there, in person, when the pain happened.

After his phone beeped, he started to calm down.

"Ok, Dr Green will drop the blood off tonight. Let's make something for lunch and then we can wake Luke up. We need to do something fun cause we both need some f*cking cheering up."

After making lunch, a simple meal of sandwiches, Gabriel sent me to wake Luke up.

Walking into my room, I paused in the doorway, just watching Luke as he slept.

He was laying on his back, his arms and legs sprawled out. Thinking about early this morning, as Gabriel, Luke, and I had slept, I was surprised that we had the room for us all to sleep in my bed.

After a couple more seconds, I realized that it was kind of creepy of me to just stand there, staring at him as he slept. Taking a step into the room, I called his name.

"Luke. Luke, it's time to get up. We have lunch ready."

He didn't respond. He didn't even so much as twitch.

"Luke, come on. Wake up. If you don't wake up, Gabriel and I will eat all your food," I said teasingly.

Nothing.

Thinking about it, an idea popped into my head.

"Ok, I guess Gabriel and I will have to eat all these cupcakes by ourslev-"

"We have cupcakes," Luke questioned, sitting straight up in bed.

Seeing the excited look on his face, I felt bad. But I knew just how to make it up to him.

"Not yet, but we will here soon. Let's make some after we eat lunch."

He jumped from the bed, racing for the door. He turned before he walked out of the room.

"Come on, Cupcake. The cupcakes won't make themselves!"

I laughed as he raced out of the room.

A couple hours later, the kitchen was clean, most of the cupcakes were gone, and Victor and Kota appeared, taking over for Luke and Gabriel.

Luke and Gabriel gave me hugs before they left. After closing the door behind them, I turned to face Kota and Victor.

"Ok, guys. What do you want to do now?"

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)