Chapter 55

Sorry about the slow updates. Hopefully soon I'll be able to update quicker.
Thanks for all the comments and votes! Glad you guys are sill enjoying the story so far!

By the time I made it back to the boys, North and Silas had returned. I paused in the door way, just looking around the room. Gabriel and Luke were sitting on the floor, joking and pushing each other around. Kota and Nathan were standing by the couch, quietly talking to each other. Victor had managed to find a lap top, and was now frowning down at it, his slim fingers rushing across the keyboard. North and Silas were both silently leaning against the far wall, Silas with a calm expression on his face, while North's face was like a thunder cloud.

North, who had been glaring at Victor again, turned until his eyes caught mine. His expression relaxed somewhat, though his frown still remand in place. He pushed away from the wall and headed towards me, causing the others to stop what they had been doing and watched him like he was a caged animal. They relaxed a little as they caught sight of me in the doorway.

As North approached me, I thought he would either stop in front of me or move around me. Instead, he gently caught hold of my elbow, turned me slightly and gave me a gentle push, causing me to take a step back into the hallway. He followed me out, then let go of my elbow to grab my hand. He started towards the stairs, but stopped when we heard Kota's voice behind us.

He didn't turn to look back at Kota, but I did. He was standing just inside the door frame, a hard look on his face. A look that I had never seen on his face before.

"North, this might not be a good time to argue with her. Maybe it could wait until later, when Sang is more mentally stable to handle it?"

Though he phrased it as a question, the steel behind his voice let me know it was more like a command.

One North wasn't going to listen to apparently, as he started moving forward again. The hold on my hand never loosened, but it didn't tighten either.

"It's fine, Kota," I told him over my shoulder as we headed up the stairs. I tried to give him a reassuring smile, but by the look on his face, I'd failed. He didn't try to stop us again though.

North didn't slam the bedroom door, like I thought he would. He gently closed the door behind us, before turning to look at me. I took a step back out of instinct, not because he sacred me, but because he looked more p*ssed now then he had earlier.

I wasn't afraid of him. I knew he'd never hurt me.

"Did he force you to drink from him," his voice was loud and demanding.

I jumped at the loudness of his voice, but quickly answered him.

"Of course not, North. None of you guys would ever force me to do anything I didn't want to do. Why would you even ask me that?"

"Because it's all those f*ckers down there ever talk about. Luke and Gabe never shut the h*ll up about what it would be like. Even Si has been wondering. None of those f*ckers seem to care what it might do to you!"

I hadn't noticed that he had been slowly moving towards me until my back hit the wall and his arms came up to settle on the sides of my head. I could only stare up into his eyes.

Only now was I clearly able to see the torment in them.

"North," I spoke softly,"I'm fine. Drinking from Victor didn't hurt me in any way."

Quite the opposite, actually.

"He didn't f*cking know what would have happened. He was willing to risk something happening to you just to satisfy his own f*cking curiosity," North yelled.

"We had everything covered, North. I would never put any one of you guys in danger, not if I could help it."

North sighed, before leaning down and resting his forehead against mine. The move felt oddly comforting.

"Sang Baby, I wasn't worried about Vic's safety. I'm worried about your safely. We don't know what could have happened to you. It might have had a negative effect on you. He shouldn't have risked that."

"North," I whispered,"I've talked it over with Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne. They don't seem to have a problem with it. Why do you?"

He gave a deep sigh before leaning up and backing away from me. He sat down on the end of the bed and I followed. I tried to keep a little bit of space between our bodies, but the moment I sat next to him, my body slid into his. I blushed.

He gave me a small smile before speaking.

"Sang Baby, it's just that none of us knew what would have happen. If something had gone wrong, what then?"

"Nor-"

"He should have waited until Doc could have been here. To make sure you were alright."

I was shocked.

Part of me was horrified of what Dr Sean would have seen had he been there. It was bad enough that Kota and Nathan had walked in on us towards the end of it.

The other part of me was confused.

He was ok with me bitting Victor? Then why was he so ma-

"How can I ever hope to protect you without losing my sanity in the process," he said low, so low I almost didn't catch what he said.

But I did.I stilled. I could feel all the blood drain from my face.

First Victor regrets the whole episode, then Nathan gets upset with me, and now North thought that I'd be so much trouble that he would go crazy?

When they left, and they would leave, how would I survive?

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)