Chapter 9

My idea of what North looks like, except for more musceled.

If I wasn't so scared, I might have laughed at how the three of us looked. All frozen at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't dare look at their faces. I could hear someone coming from the direction of the living room, and I turned in that direction. Silas stood there with a questioning look.

Before I could gather the nerve to run up to my room and lock them out, the sound of someone coming from the kitchen broke into my thoughts. I turned my head back to that direction and wished I hadnt.

A boy about as tall as Silas, with wide shoulders, stood glaring at us. I took a step back and felt my back press up against Luke's front. Luke put out his hands and rested them on my hips. I was torn between wanting to back up away from the boy or step away from being so close to Luke. I stayed where I was.

The boy had dark hair, dark eyes, and his skin was tan, though not as tan as Silas's was. He was wearing black jeans and a black shirt. He also had a gold circle earring in his left ear. He had that bad boy look down to an art.

"Well," he thundered.

I jumped, my eyes scanning the room for a way out of this. He took a couple steps closer, like he was just waiting for me to run so he could catch me.

"Medical reasons," I squeaked out. Growing up,that's the only thing I was aloud to say when asked about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Who's it for? You don't look sick," he said in a slightly lower voice.
I glanced around the room. All eyes were on me.

"Medical reasons," I repeated again, blushing this time.

"Well, that was quite an introduction, baby brother," Luke said, seeming to have found his voice.

Baby brother, I thought to myself.

The guy must have caught the look on my face, because he said, "we're step brothers."

Gabriel moved down off the last step, and I followed him. Luke let me go. The guy came closer and held out his hand. I reached out, feeling the same shock again. I let go of his hand quickly.

"Sorry if I scared you. It was just a shock to see all that blood. I'm North."

Before I could reply, Luke spoke up.

"Just how did you manage to come across the blood, baby brother? Snooping again?"

North glared at him. "I was just looking for some water. It's hot out, incase you didn't notice."

Before anyone could say another word, the front door opened. In walked Kota, Victor, and Nathan.
Kota took a quick look around at us, then said in a very commanding tone of voice, "North, report."

After North told the others what happened, with some input from the others here and there, it seemed like they all reached a silent agreement to not mention it again. I was glad.

After someone, namely Luke, said they were hungry, it was decided that we'd order pizza for supper. I might have had enough food to feed a small army, but no one felt like cooking.

After the pizza arrived, we all gathered into the kitchen and dining room. Luckily, the kitchen opened up into the dining room, so we all had room to spread out. Most were standing around. I only had a small table that sat 4.

I was enjoying everyone's company, even North seemed to mellow out some, when it happened.

There was a loud crash from beside the kitchen sink and we all looked in that direction.

Gabriel stood there, looking a little sheepishly, while on the counter sat a broken glass cup. "Sorry, Trouble. I'll just get this cleaned up."

Before I could say it was fine, that I didn't care about the cup getting broke, Gabriel let out a hiss and jerked his hand back real fast. I stood up quickly, intending to go grab the first aid kit from the bathroom down the hall, when my body froze. I inhaled, taking in the new aroma. It was the sweetest smell in the world to me. I felt my fangs drop from my gums, poking into my bottom lip. The guys gasped.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)