Chapter 67

Thanks for all the comments and votes! I'm so glad you guys are still enjoying it! :)

I was confused when I first opened my eyes, but my mind quickly caught up to what was going on around me and what I was doing. I held an arm tight in my grip and was drinking from it. Someone's chest was pressed up against my back and their other arm was wrapped around my waist. I could feel their legs on either side of mine. Before I could panic, a voice called out to me.

"It's alright, Miss Sorenson. You're safe."

I glanced toward the sound of the voice to see Mr. Blackbourne kneeling next to me. I tried to stop drinking, to let go of the arm that I held so tightly to my chest, but I couldn't. I wanted so badly to ask him what was going on, who I was drinking from, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop drinking.

"It's ok, Miss Sang," a voice spoke into my ear. "It's just me."

I relaxed at hearing Sean's voice. Although I was confused and extremely embarrassed, I felt very safe now that I knew who I was with.

After a few minutes, I finally managed to loosen my tight hold on Sean's arm and closed up the puncture marks with a swipe of my tongue. Although I had stopped drinking, I was still pressed against Sean's chest and I didn't want to move. Since he neither moved nor said anything about it, I figured it was ok. I needed someone to hold me up at the moment anyway. I sighed and turned my attention back to Mr. Blackbourne.

"Miss Sorenson, can you tell us what happened?"

I looked at him in confusion. "I was hoping you guys could tell ME what happened."

Mr. Blackbourne frowned at me. "What is the last thing you remember?"

I thought about it. "I remember my aunt dropping me off here and that none of the guys had been at our table when I walked into the courtyard. When the bell rang, I stood up and that's the last thing I can remember."

I tried to think beyond that, but it was all fuzzy and hazy. No matter how hard I tried to concentrate I just couldn't remember what had happened from the time the first bell had rang to the moment I woke up drinking from Sean.

"Owen, go look at the cameras. Maybe one of them caught something," Sean said as he shifted a little. I started to lean up, but he put his arms around my waist, keeping me in place. "Just stay where you are, Miss Sang. You and I are going to stay right here and relax. We're going to let Owen do all the hard work." I could hear the amusement in his voice.

"I don't usually agree with Sean, Miss Sorenson, but please listen to him this time."

"This time," Sean asked as he whispered into my ear. "More like all the time."

I watched as Mr. Blackbourne went to his desk and sat down. He pulled out a laptop and opened it. He must have found what he was looking for, because after a few clicks I watched as some unknown emotion crossed his face before he masked his expression. He turned his gaze toward us and I froze. Although his face showed no emotion, his eyes told a different story.

"Excuse me for a minute," he told us as he stood and headed for the door.

When he had closed it behind him, I turned and looked up at Sean. He had a thought expression on his face until he noticed me looking at him. He gave me a smile. "It will be just fine, Miss Sang. Now tell me, how are you feeling?"

*****

When Mr. Blackbourne entered the office, I tried once again to get up but Sean tightened his hold on me once again. I relaxed back into him when Mr. Blackbourne walked across the room and sat down in his office chair without a word. He turned his chair until he was facing us.

"Miss Sorenson, I do not wish to alarm you, but you should know what happened. It seems that Mr. Hades attempted to take you from here."

"What," I asked in a shocked voice. "Why in the world would he try to do that? I don't understand what he could possibly want with me. Plus, he had to have known someone would have seen and stoped him."

"It seems that he somehow managed to evacuate the entire front office. How he did it I do not know at this moment."

"Owen, what aren't you telling us," Sean asked, surprising me. I studied Mr. Blackbourne closer, but I could not tell whither or not he had been holding anything back, but I guess if anyone knew Mr. Blackbourne well, it would have been Sean.

"I have studied the videos from the time you left your class room to the time you entered here. He came very close to succeeding in his goal to take you from here. I must apologize for letting you down, Miss Sorenson."

"It's not your fault, Mr. Blackbourne. None of us could have predicted what had almost happened, that he would be so bold as to try to take me from school with so many people around who could have caught him. No one," I repeated softly to him. I hated the look of disappointment in his eyes, because I knew that it was directed toward himself. He had nothing to be sorry about.

"No, Miss Sorenson. I made you a promise that you would never be alone and I broke that promise today. By my mistake, Mr. Hades almost succeeded in kidnapping you."

"Mr. Blackbourne, I understand that you guys are busy with Academy work and I don't want to be burden to you guys. I understand that sometimes I will be alone, that it can't be helped. Please don't blame yourself for this. I'm safe. You guys found me in time."

"No, Miss Sorenson. You saved yourself. If you had not done what you had to escape him, he would have succeeded and we would have not found out about it until it had been too late."

Thanks you guys for reading and giving me feedback. It always fun to read what some of you guys are guessing and seeing how close some of you are. Some of you guys guess things that haven't even crossed my mind and that makes me smile too. I don't know which ones I enjoy more, the guessing closely or the ideas some of you guys have came up with.

I wanted to add in that when Sang drinks directly from one of the guys during an emergency like that, it's not painful for the person but neither one feels anything remotely pleasurable. Just wanted to through that out there. :)

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)