Chapter 12

Thanks again for reading my story, and for the votes and comments. Keep'em coming! ;)

I smiled as I listened to Kota and Nathan talking about the new public school we all were attending this year, Ashley Waters High School. Registration was next week, on Monday, and Kota had offered to give me a ride there and back. With the help of the guys, (minus Dr Sean and Mr Blackbourne), I already had a list of classes I wanted to take.

For the past two weeks, since they had discovered my secret, at least one of them came by my house once a day, though I usually had one or two more show up throughout the day . The only ones I hadn't seen since that night was Dr Sean and Mr Blackbourne.

The guys and I usually went for walks in the woods behind my house, talked, or played games. 

I'd learned a little about each boy and I was coming to be less shy with them. The ones I saw the most, besides Kota and Nathan (since we all lived on the same street), was Luke and North. 

Their uncle was about to open a dinner just down the road from our street. I'd heard the guys talking about each working there when it opened, so I figured I'd probably see the others more since it was close.

"I'm telling you, Kota, I just have a very bad feeling about this," Nathan said, breaking into my thoughts.

"It's too late now. Besides, we all agreed to do it," Kota replied sternly.

"Yeah, but that was before," Nathan paused, shooting me a quick glance. I raised my eye brow at the two boys when Nathan didn't say anything more. Kota turned to glance at me too.

"It'll be fine," Kota replied, starting to walk again. I hadn't realized we'd stopped.

"Fine. Come on, Peanut," Nathan said as he grabbed my hand, gently pulling me so I was walking next to him, trying to keep up with Kota's pace.

It seemed like most of the guys had a nickname for me, all but Kota, Dr Sean, and Mr Blackbourne.

Nathan released my hand. I was getting used to touch. They all gave me hugs upon seeing me and saying goodbye. Occasionally, they'd reach for my hand, to get me to do one thing or another, then quickly let me go.

Since the night I'd met Mr Blackbourne, when one of them touched me for the first time that day, they would gently touch me on my arm or hand. I had a few more shocks from the guys, but none like the one that knocked me out. While we noticed it only occurring when I first touched them for that day, the shocks didn't seem to follow any sort of pattern. Also, the same guy didn't shock me two days in a row.

We soon came to the start of my back yard and kept walking to the porch.

"I'll see you guys later," Kota replied, quickly giving me a hug. He walked around the side of the house and disappearing from view.

"So what do you want to do now, Peanut," Nathan asked as I followed him into the house.

Before I could answer him, his phone beeped. He pulled it out of his back pocket and checked it.

"Sorry, Peanut, but I've got to run."

"That's ok," I replied, walking him to the front door.

After being around them the last couple weeks, I'd began noticing a pattern. One of the guys would get a text and have to leave quickly. I didn't ask, figuring that if they'd wanted me to know, they'd tell me.

He gave me a hug before walking out the door. I waved goodbye before I shut the door gently. I headed up the stairs to my room, figuring now was a good time to catch up on my reading.

After reading for a couple hours, I made my way down to the kitchen. I got put my coffee cup, poured the blood into it, and warmed it up in the microwave. Before I could take it out, the phone rang. I hurried to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sang," Emily said. "How's everything going?"

"Good. How's work? "

"Bout the same. Still wrapping up a few things. Listen, I ordered you a new cell phone. It should come in, in a couple days. I'd feel better if you had a cell phone, especially since it looks like I won't make it there until the first of next month. Call me if you need anything. Love you, bye."

She hung up before I could say anything.

A week after school let out last May, I'd accidentally dropped my phone and the screen shattered. Since school was out and I never went anywhere, I didn't feel the need to get it replaced anytime soon. To be honest, I'd already forgot about it. It would be nice to have now that I was friends with the guys.

Speaking of the guys, I hadn't told Emily about them yet. It might have been because she never stayed on the phone long enough for me to say something, but a small part of me didn't want her to know. So for now, I'd just keep quiet about them.

I reheated the blood and took a sip. The sound of someone knocking on the front door reached my ears. I sat the cup down on the counter and went to answer the door.

I opened the door to see Luke's playful smile. He was wearing a light blue shirt and tan slacks. His hair was tied up in a loose bun. I smiled back at him.

"Hi, Cupcake," he said before walking through the door. He touched my arm as he passed me. Nothing happened.

"Hi, Luke."

He headed into the kitchen, opening the pantry and looking through it. Over the last couple of weeks, some of the guys had become familiar with my house. It didn't bother me. I wanted them to feel comfortable here. Plus it made me happy to help with feeding them when they came over. Luckily, Emily had had groceries delivered on Saturday.

"How's your day going," he asked as he pulled some things from out of the pantry. He went to the fridge and got a couple things from there as well. He had the makings of a sandwich.

"Good. Kota, Nathan, and I hung out earlier and I spent a few hours reading. How's the dinner going?"

"Almost have it all cleared out. North and Silas have a couple more counters to knock out and then we can start the next part of the renovations."

He handed me one of the two sandwiches he had made.

"Thanks," I said, taking a bite. We ate in silence. When we were done, we started to clean up the kitchen.

He picked up my still full cup and turned to me. I froze.

Although they knew my secret, they hadn't seen me drink blood yet. I didn't want to gross them out. The only ones I had ever drank blood in front of was my parents, but that was when I was younger.

"Here, you better drink this before it gets too cold," he said, while handing me my cup.

I took it from him, but held it to my chest. I needed it, I knew that, but I didn't want to drink it in front of him and gross him out. I hesitated, unsure what to do.

"Go ahead, Cupcake. It won't bother me none."

I gave him a small smile and brought the cup to my lips.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)