Chapter 63

Thanks for all the comments and votes! :)

By the time my aunt walked back into the kitchen, I was sitting at the table playing on my phone. I had nothing else to do while I had waited for her to come down. I exited the app I had been playing and looked at the clock on the screen.

It's a good thing we live so close to the school.

I stood up just as my aunt walked over to the coffee maker. She poured coffee into the travel cup she had brought in with her. She took as sip then turned back to face me, leaning up against the edge of the counter. "Ok, I'm ready," she told me, except she didn't move.

"Oh, ok. I'm all ready to go, too," I replied, not knowing if she was expecting a reply or not. I thought maybe she was waiting on me, but as I headed towards the doorway, her voice stopped me. I turned back to her, confused. I had heard her, but she had spoken so softly, I hadn't caught what she had said. She lifted an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. Did you need something," I asked her. I had all that I needed by the front door and she had said that she was ready.

If we're both ready to go, what else did she need?

"Sang, I asked you if you drank this morning."

I froze. With everything that had been going on since she had arrived, I realized that I had forgotten to drink. I glanced down at my phone, looking at the clock. I didn't have enough time.

"I actually forgot," I said, wondering what I could do.

Dr.Sean might have blood for me in his office, but I wasn't sure. It was too late to message Nathan and since he was the only one who had blood in his fridge, I couldn't message anyone else. It wasn't exactly something the guys could go through a drive-thru to pick up.

"I'm surprised. I have never known you to forget before. Are you feeling ok," she asked me, leaning up from the counter. She started to walk towards me and for some reason I panicked.

"No," I shouted out. She stopped, looking puzzled. I tried to calm myself and when I spoke again, my tone was normal. "You already know I can't get sick, Aunt Emily. We really need to get going or we will be late."

I knew that she was a stickler about being on time, for anything, and I was counting on that fact to distract her. For once, it didn't work.

"If we're late, we're late. It's not like the school is going anywhere. Besides, if you're that worried about being late, just grab a to-go cup and fill it up. Drink it at school."

I gaped at her, shocked.

What in the world was she thinking? I can't just bring blood to school and drink it in front of people. Someone might notice. What would I do then? What could I do, if that happened? That's just too big of a risk that I'm not willing to take.

"That's ok. I'll be fine. I won't need it until after school anyways," I lied to her.

Ok, so I can lie to her just fine, but I can not lie to any of the guys?

"Sang, I didn't see you drink when you got home from school yesterday. In fact, I haven't seen you drink any since I got here. You know that's not something you should go without for too long. We both know what happens when you don't drink at the time when you are supposed to. You won't make it all the way through school today. I'd have to come pick you up. Why not just pour it in a cup and drink it at school? Or you could just drink it now. It won't hurt anything if you're a little late. They still have morning announcements to get through, so you wouldn't miss anything."

I'd miss most of the guys though. Yeah, I'd see them at some point or another throughout the day and all of them at lunch, but I wanted to see them all first thing, before school started. I didn't want to have to wait until lunch for all of us to meet up. Not to mention, they would worry and I didn't want that.

Besides, the guys can help me out with the whole drinking in public thing. They will make sure no one saw anything.

I sighed and walked over to the cabinet that the cups were in. I randomly grabbed one and sat it down by the microwave. I picked up my coffee cup and sat it down close to the sink. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed the closest bag. I went back over to the sink and picked up a knife.

Just when the knife punctured the bag, I stopped. As soon as the smell hit me, I knew instantly that this was not one of the guys blood. This one smelled just like the ones that I had drunk before the guys had started donating blood for me. I barely managed to stop myself from gagging.

I can't drink this. I couldn't even if I tried, which I was not going to do. Maybe I could just pretend to drop this bag into the sink and grab another bag. But what if that one was the same?

I thought Dr. Sean and Mr. Blackbourne had gotten rid of all the other bags. Maybe they missed one?

Something wasn't right. I knew that the fridge had been full of blood bags from the boys, since Kota had made sure of it before we had left for school yesterday morning. They never let the supply get low.

"Hurry up, Sang. Get it ready and let's go."

With her still in the room, there was nothing I could do except heat the blood up and pour it into the to-go cup. I washed my coffee cup and sat it down next to the sink to dry, still trying to come up with an idea that didn't involve me drinking it.

I could always just dump it out when I get to school.

I grabbed the cup and looked at it. She was right about one thing though. I couldn't go without it for too long.

I better keep it, just in case. At least until I can get something else to drink.

"Come on, Sang," my aunt said and she motioned for me to go ahead of her. I quickly walked past her and headed to the front door. I put my shoes on and picked up my book bag. She opened the door and locked it behind us. I headed towards her car, but I glanced across the street and saw Kota and Nathan. They had waited for me.

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)