Chapter 38

Thanks for the comments and votes!

Later that evening, Victor and I were watching a movie called Phantom of the Opera. Kota had to go home for a little bit earlier to help his mom out with some things, but he would be back soon.

Half way through the movie, someone knocked on the front door. I started to get up, but Victor waved me off, getting up and walking to the door. He came back with Dr Sean following behind him.

I reached for the remote, pausing the movie.

"I come bearing gifts," Dr Sean said, holding up a box that he had in his hands.

I got up and walked to him. I gave him a smile as I took the box from him.

"Thank you, Dr Sean. You really didn't have to though."

"Why, yes I did, pumpkin. I'm following doctor's orders, and I am a doctor you know," he replied, giving me a wink.

I went into the kitchen. I opened the box and set the bags out on the counter. There were 9 altogether.

What happened to only getting 3? And how did he know what blood type to get?

I mentally face palmed myself.

Duh. Of course they would have looked at the blood themselves, just so that they would know what type I drank.

"I just wanted to make sure you had enough, Miss Sang," came Dr Sean's voice from behind me.

I turned to see him standing so close, we were almost touching.

"How are you feeling now, Pumpkin?"

"I'm fine, Dr Sean. Really, I am."

"Having fun with the boys?"

"Yes, I had fun today. How was work?"

"Long, but then it usually is. We did get some new babies today, though, so that more than makes up for it."

"Babies?"

"Yep. I like to sneak off every now and then during the day to just go look at the babies. If one happens to be awake at the time, I'll hold them for a bit. I enjoy any time that I get to spend with them."

Not knowing anything about babies, except from movies and books, I couldn't see what would be so enjoyable about them.

Don't they cry a lot? And loudly, too?

He must have seen the look on my face, because he laughed.

"I know that it might seem strange, but I do find babies relaxing. One of these days, I'll take you by to see them."

As I had no plan on being in the hospital, I didn't think that would happen.

"Alright, Miss Sang, I'm off. I've got an early shift in the morning. You be good and listen to Victor, ok?"

Looking up at him, I could see that behind the smile, he was tired.

"I'll try. Get some sleep, Dr Sean."

His features softened, a gentle smile on his face.

"I'll try, Miss Sang."

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him for a hug. He held on to me for a couple of minutes. He seemed to need the hug, so I held on, letting him control the length of the hug.

A voice sounded from behind him, causing him to release me.

"Hey Princess, are you hungry? Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

I leaned to the side, looking around Dr Sean to see Victor in the doorway.

"No, it's fine Victor. I've got to leave now anyways. Sorry about that, Pumpkin. Now be good. I'll see you guys later."

"It's fine, Dr Sean. Now go home and sleep," I replied, smiling up at him.

He gave me another wink before turning and walking out the door. I heard the front door open and shut.

Again, I wondered why he would put himself at risk just to help me.

Victor walked up to me, stopping just in front of me. I must of looked worried, for he reached out. He put a hand on my chin, lifting my face until I was looking up into his eyes. His fire eyes were filled with concern.

"Everything ok, Princess?"

"I don't want Dr Sean to get into trouble for getting the blood. I would have been fine until Tuesday."

He wrapped his other arm around me, pulling me into his side. The other hand dropped to my back, rubbing up and down, in a comforting way.

"Sang, none of us would ever let you suffer if we could do something to prevent it from happening. Dr Green will be fine. Anyway, even if he hadn't been able to get it, I would have. Now come on, let's find something to eat before Kota gets back."

As we were about to sit down, Kota showed up. All three of us sat at the kitchen table, eating homemade pizza. I smiled as I listened to the two joke back and forth with each other and they often included me in on it too.

When we were done, the guys sent me into the living room to pick out a movie while they cleaned up the kitchen. After putting in the movie, I settled down onto the couch with a blanket thrown over my lap. When the guys came in, they sat on either side of me.

When it was time for bed, Kota stated that it was better for them to sleep in the same room as me, that way they would be able to reach me quicker, since I would be immobile, and they would have more time to get me to safety.

Victor and Kota settled on blankets on my bedroom floor. I tried to get at least one of them to take the bed, that I was more than willing to take the floor, but they both refused.

I figured I would be up all night, after the events from earlier, but I was out soon after I laid down.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)