Chapter 43

Thanks for the comments and votes!

Victor's POV

"Hey, Doc," I said, as I entered Princess's room. I walked over to the bed and checked Sang over. Her color was a little better and her breathing wasn't as fast as it had been, but it was still too fast.

"Ok, Victor. Just have a seat. We'll get you hooked up and get started."

I sat down in the chair and watched as Doc got everything set up. I flinched as the needle slid into my arm.

"What do you think happened," I asked him, as I looked down at Sang's sleeping form.

"I don't know, but we will figure it out. Of that, I have no doubt. Ok, all set here. I'm going to head downstairs for a minute. Call me if there are any changes. Also, try to keep that arm still."

I heard the door shut behind him, but my eyes were focused on Sang. She looked still looked pale and she wasn't moving, except for the slightly fast rise and fall of her chest with each breath she took.

I reached out, grabbing her hand with one of mine, laying my other hand on her arm.

"Princess, if you can hear me, I really need you to get better. We all really need you to. I know I don't talk much about my music and I know that the others think it's because of my parents. While it's partly true, it's not the full truth. I don't talk about it because, for the longest time, I couldn't feel the music. How can you play music without feeling it?

"But then I met you. That day that we met, not only did I start to feel the music, but I actually heard it again. I know that might sound weird, but that was how I used to write music, by 'hearing' it. For years, I couldn't write any music, but now I can't get the music written down fast enough.

"If you get better, I'll play you the song that I wrote just for you. It's all your own and I won't share it with anyone besides us. But I'll only play it if you get better."

I paused, taking a deep breath. I waited, hoping that she would open her eyes, but she didn't.

I leaned back in the chair, going silent. All I could do was just watch her and think. Think about everything. It was like my mind just wouldn't shut off.

And faintly, I could hear her song softly playing in the background.

"Hey Victor, how is she," came Doc's voice.

He was standing by the bed. I had been so lost in thought that I hadn't heard him come in.

"Same. No change."

"Ok, let's get this off."

I kept my eyes on Sang as Doc unhooked us and bandaged me up. Before I stood up, I leaned forward and placed a kiss on the back of her hand. I didn't want to leave, but I knew the others' were all waiting their turn to help her.

As I turned to walk out of the room, Doc placed a hand on my shoulder.

"She will be ok, Victor. Already, her color and breathing is better. She's keeping the blood down, too."

I gave him a nod. He let go of me and I started to walk towards the door.

"Send Luke on up, please."

"Ok, Doc."

I walked out and made my way own to the kitchen, where the others' were. Everyone looked up at me as I entered.

"No change. Luke, your turn," I replied, before anyone could ask.

I walked over to the nearest wall and slid down it until I was sitting in the floor. Everyone was talking, but I tuned them out. I was soon lost in my own thoughts.

Sang was unlike any girl I had ever met. When we had first met, she hadn't known who I was, which had been refreashing. Even after she found out about me playing and coming from money, she didn't treat me any differently. She didn't ask me to buy her things. If I even hinted at paying for something for her, she would turn me down or try to change my mind.

Where has she been all of my life?

I knew that she was having the same affect on all of us, that no one was immune to her. Not even the strict and proper Mr Blackbourne.

Thinking back to the day that I had first met her, I smiled as I recalled the talk that we'd had. It might have been a simple talk, but that talk changed my life as I knew it.

Who knew that one girl would end up changing our whole world?

A voice broke into my thoughts.

"Mr Morgan, I need you to look something up for me."

Ok, hopefully I got Victor right. I'm kind of iffy. Let me know what you guys think!

Also, I've started a new job and will, probably, only be able to update on fridays for awhile.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)