Chapter 32

Thanks for the comments and votes! Hopefully you guys like this one!

Kota's POV

Sometimes being family lead was hard. Other times, it was very rewarding. Right now, it was the hard one.

"This is not the place for this conversation. Perhaps we should allow Miss Sorenson a chance to gather herself before continuing talking with her."

"Let's take this into the living room, everyone. Gabriel, stay here with Sang and if something changes, let us know. Ok, everyone out," I said, taking charge.

I watched as my brothers grumbled as they headed to the door, except for Dr Green, Mr Blackbourne, and Gabriel. Dr Green turned back to Sang.

"Miss Sang, I need you to calm down ok, pumpkin. If you lose any more blood, I'll have to set up an iv to replinish it. Plus, we don't want to worry the boys more than they already are."

I felt a slight panic as Sang started to cry harder at Dr Green's words. Before I could speak up, trying to think of a way to calm her down, Gabriel spoke up, suprising me.

"Trouble, don't pay him any mind. Here, I'm going to lay down beside you and just hold you. I know that will make me feel better."

He laid down beside her, wrapping his arms around her and snuggling close. She started to calm down, her tears slowing.

Mr Blackbourne tilted his head to the door, silently telling us it was a good time to go.

I turned back to look at Sang one more time before walking past the door and down the stairs. I could hear raised voices coming from the living room.

Better quiet them before Sang gets upset again. Doc's right. Any more blood loss, even if it's just tears, will need to be replaced.

Walking in, with Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne behind me, I walked to the middle of the room and looked around at my brothers.

Everyone was clearly upset, some shouting while others remained silent. Some, like North, delt with panic and helplessness by shouting while some, like Silas, just shut down and never spoke a word.

"Silence! Everyone sit down and listen."

I waited until everyone was quiet and sitting down.

I began at the begining, how Sang had shocked me on the phone and then about the run in with the thief. How Nathan and I had fought with the thief, who was just as good a fighter as Nathan, and how the thief then got away. I came to the end, explaining Sang's reaction to it all.

I listened as Dr Green stated his findings, which wasn't much. Not suprising, seeing as she was a vampire and not many people even knew that they were real.

We are flying blind right now.

"Ok, I think that Sang is in shock and that is why she isn't speaking. It could also be why she's so still. All we can do is wait until she relaxes enough to snap out of it. If she's not better by morning, we need to take her to the hospital," Dr Green said.

"I agree with Dr Green. We also need to find out who this thief is. I want 24 hour protection detail on Miss Sorenson until we find him. As he didn't take anything and was headed staight to where she was sleeping, we can assume he was after her. Until we know any different, she is to be protected at all cost.

"Mr Morgan, I need you to look at the cameras, see if you can spot anything we can use. Mr Taylor Jr and Mr Korba, I need you two to do a sweep of the outside area. See how he managed to get in. Look for anything he might have left behind. Mr Taylor Sr, I want you to stay here with Miss Sorenson and Mr Coleman. Help keep her calm and report if anything changes. Dr Green will be down here if you need him.

"Mr Griffin and Mr Lee, I need you two to drive around the area, this neighborhood and the next two, see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary. The thief has probably fled, but I want to be sure he isn't just waiting for us to leave and try again. We have no idea how he thinks at the moment and until we do, we do not want to underestimate him. I want everything covered. We will all meet back here in two hours. If anyone finds anything, they are to call either Mr Lee or myself.

"Ok everyone, you have your orders. Let's go," Mr Blackbourne said, turning to the hallway and walking out the front door.

Everyone left to follow their orders.

I climbed into the driver seat of my car as Nathan got in on the other side. Soon we were slowly passing by houses, on the lookout for anything out of place.

"So," Nathan said, breaking into the slience," I noticed that you didn't say anyting about Sang at the last family meeting."

I should have known someone would bring it up, sooner or later.

I was hoping for later.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Sang, like 'like' her, but the problem was that so did my brothers. I know they had this plan of each dating her and while I thought it was a little crazy, who was I to judge. I just didn't think she saw me in the same light as I did her.

"What's there to say? Everyone pretty much said it all."

"Kota, man, seriously? I know you like her just as much as the rest of us, and while I admit that I have a hard time imaging that she'll go for it, I still think it's worth a shot. You can't tell me you would turn her down if she asked you out."

"She'd never ask me, or anyone, out. She's too shy."

"Exactly. How do you know she doesn't like us all like that. Don't you at least want to know?"

I kept silent, not wanting to talk about it anymore right now.

It was hard to imagine that all of us would fall for the same girl. Each of us liked different things in a girl, but look at us now. All falling for the same girl and she doesn't even seem to notice that she has us all wrapped around her finger.

I thought back to the day I first met her. I used the excuse to help her be the reason why I came over, but the truth is that when I first seen her standing there on the porch, something snapped in me. I just had to meet her. I just had to. I felt like I'd miss out on something important if I didn't hurry over there right then.

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, with all that blond hair and pretty green eyes. I could listen to her voice all day long.

When I was stressed, unsure, or hesitant about something, I tended to count to help me relax.

Meeting such a beautiful girl often resulted in me counting for the first few mintutes after meeting her, just to calm myself down. Looking into Sang's eyes for the first time, I lost the ability to count for the first time in my life.

After getting to know her more, opening the fidge to put the groceries away, seeing the blood shocked me. My first thought was that something was seriously wrong with her. I couldn't hear anyone else in the house and something told me she was here alone.

Why else would she have blood here unless she was really sick.

I didn't want to make her uncomfortable and didn't want to seem pushy, so I hadn't asked any questions. I had planned on talking to Doc to see just why a person would need blood like that, but still be able to stay home to recive it and not at a hospital.

After leaving her house, I felt like I had left a piece of me behind. It was an odd and strange feeling.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)