Chapter 70

As much as I would like to through you guys a curve ball, I will go easy on you guys this time. Although some of your reactions to the last one had been great. But like I said, I'll be good this time.....This time. ;)

Just A Dream

Kota ran a cold washcloth across my sweaty, bloody forehead. "You need to breathe, 10."

"Don't tell me I need to breathe, Kota! I know that already!"

"Princess-"

"No, Victor. You don't get to tell me what to do either," I said, right before I screamed.

As soon as the pain eased somewhat, I fell back on to something soft, a bed of some sort. I glanced down to see a very pregnant belly, with two different wires hooked up with what looked like strips of fabric, the stretchy kind. One was low on my stomach and that one was to keep track of the baby's heart rate. The other one was higher up and it was to catch how strong and how long my contractions were.

As I was watching my belly, I caught sight of a slight rise on my stomach, which then ran across the lower half of my stomach.

"That freaks me out when it does that," Nathan said. I looked up to see him standing by the side of the bed, looking down at my stomach, with an odd expression on his face. Gabriel came up beside him and smacked him on the back of the head.

"How many f*cking times do I have to tell you? The baby is a he or a she, not a f*cking d*mn it."

"Mr. Coleman, language."

"Sorry, but it's f*cking true."

I gave a slight laugh, still breathing heavily. The brush of the cloth on my forehead had me looking up into Kota's green eyes. I gave him a slight smile. He returned it. "I'm sorry, Kota. I know you're only trying to help. I'm sorry." I turned to Victor, who was on the other side of the bed, by my head. "I'm sorry too, Victor."

"It's ok, Sang," Kota said as he ran the cloth gently over my face, wiping the rest of the sweat and blood away.

"It's fine, Princess," Victor replied, as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. He was holding my hand between both of his.

"Hey Aggele Mou," I heard Silas say. I looked down at the foot of the bed to see him standing there. "Want to hear a joke? You can't tune a piano, but you can tune a fish."

My laugh was cut short as another contraction hit. I relaxed when it ebbed off.

"Wow, that one was a good one," I heard Luke say. "Lasted a little longer than the other one, but not by much." He was standing by the machines, watching the monitors.

"Seriously," I asked him. "Meanie, go hit him upside the head for me, will you."

He did as I asked and Luke yelped. He looked at me. "What was that for?"

"She doesn't want or need you telling her about it when she just went through it," Kota told him.

I glanced around the room, trying to take my mind off of what was happening and to see who was where.

Kota and Victor were at the head of the bed. Nathan and Gabriel were on one side of the bed, looking down at my stomach. Silas was at the foot of the bed and I watched as Luke walked around until he was on the opposite side of the bed, facing Nathan. Luke was also looking down at my stomach. I could feel it roll again.

"I love when he does that," Luke said in a happy tone. He looked up at me and smiled. "How about we take a vote? Who all loves when the baby does that and who all is Nathan?"