Chapter 14

Thanks for all the comments and votes!

When my new cell phone arrived a couple days later, Victor was there with me. With his help, we added everyone's number (even Dr Sean's and Mr Blackbourne's, just incase of an emergency), and I sent a text to each number.

Sang: Hi, this is Sang.

I quickly got a response back.

Kota: Ok, Sweetie.

Luke: Sweet, Cupcake. What's your favorite thing to have for breakfast?

Gabriel: About f*cking time, Trouble. I'm coming over tomorrow and trimming that hair of yours. Got to get you ready for the school year.

North: Sang Baby, about time you got a cell phone. Keep it on you at all times.

Victor: :)

Silas: Aggele Mou, do you like baseball?

Nathan: Cool, Peanut. Are you and Victor having fun?

Dr Sean: How are you this bright, sunny day, Miss Sang?

Mr Blackbourne: Thank you, Miss Sorenson.

I smiled at the messages, then responded back to some of them. I didn't want to bother them if they were busy, but I figured the ones who'd asked questions were fine to text at the moment.

To Luke: Chocolate chip pancakes!

To Gabriel: I don't know. I mean, I don't really do much with it but put it in a bun or clip it up out of my face. Have you cut much hair before?

To North: I'll try to.

To Silas: I've watched a game or two on TV before. Never been to a game though. Do they have a baseball team at the school?

To Nathan: Yes, I am. We're taking a walk at the moment.

To Dr Sean: Doing great, enjoying a walk on this fine morning. How are you, Dr Green?

I put the phone back into my pocket and turned to Victor, who was leaning up against a tree.
"Ok, ready to continue our walk," I asked him.
"After you, my lady," he replied, holding one hand out from his side and giving me a small bow.
"Why thank you, kind sir," I said, giving him a small curtsy in return.
I gave a little giggle when he offered his arm to me. I slipped my arm through his and we started walking again.
I picked back up where we'd left off in our previous conversation, when we'd stopped for me to check my messages and to respond back to them.
"So you play the piano?"
"Yes. I don't play as often as I did when I was younger, though I have composed a couple of my own songs, but I only play those for family. At the concerts, I play the classics," Victor replied, sounding a bit off at the end of his response.
"Do you not like to play the classics," I asked softly.
"It's not that I don't like to, it's just that sometimes I feel like when I play, no one listens. The parties after the concerts are the worst. My mother especially loves them. It's all about appearances with my parents."
He'd told me a little about his parents. They sounded strict, especially his father.
"I'd listen when you played," I told him, blushing a little.
"I wouldn't want to bore you or put you to sleep."
"Oh no, you couldn't possibly bore me, Victor. I love all kinds of different music. I happen to enjoy the classics played on the piano. I also enoy listening to the violin pieces too."
"Well the next chance we get, I know just the song I'll play for you, and it won't be one of the classics," he said, smiling down at me.
"I can't wait to hear it," I tell him honestly.
We fall into a comfortable silence the rest of the walk home.

When we got home, I headed straight for the kitchen. I grabbed two water bottles and handed one to Victor. He thanked me and turned to walk into the living room, with me behind him. We sat on the couch.
"So, Princess, all set for school yet?"
"Almost. I still need a couple school supplies, but I'm sure Aunt Emily will have them shipped here soon."
"What's her story, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, it's kind of unheard of for someone to let a minor live by themselves, especially a few states away."
"She's very dedicated to her work. When she decided to move us here, she thought she would be able to wrap things up at work quickly. Also, she didn't want me to have to switch schools in the middle of the semester. Plus, she trust me. I've pretty much been taking care of myself since my parents died. I love my aunt, don't get me wrong, and I'm not trying to make her sound like a bad guy. It's just that work is kind of her baby. Plus she wasn't expecting to have to take me in like she did. Even after all these years, we're still adjusting to each other."
"Would you like to watch a movie, Princess?"
I nodded my head. I was extremely glad he had changed the subject. I loved my aunt, but talking about her with the guys made me really nervous.
When the movie was almost over, he got a text and had to leave soon after. He gave me a gentle hug before he left.
After locking the front door, I settled onto the couch and pulled my cell phone out from my pocket. I had 4 new messages. The first one was from Gabriel.

Gabriel: My step mom is part owner of a hair salon and I've cut the guys hair for years. I'm just trimming it, it won't be drastically changed at all.

Sang: Ok, as long as I'm not bald afterwards. :)

The second one was from Silas.

Silas: I think they might, but I don't know if I want to join the team.

Sang: I think you'd be great at it.

Silas: Thank you, Aggele Mou, for that vote of confidence.

The third on was from Luke.

Luke: Chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite too!

Sang: :) We have great taste then.

The last one was from Dr Sean.

Dr Sean: Doing much better now, Miss Sang. When do we get our day to spend together? Also, Miss Sang, unless we are at school, it's Sean.

While I was thinking Dr Sean's message over, I received another text.

Luke: It's like we're soul mates, Cupcake!

I blushed. I didn't know how to respond to either of those messages.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)