Chapter 59

Thanks for all the comments and votes!

When we pulled onto our street, I noticed a black car parked in front of my garage. There was a small u-haul truck parked on the side street.

"Look's like Aunt Emily's finally here," I said to Kota and Nathan, although I was sure they had seen the vehicles the same time I had. "Kota, you can just drop me off in front of my house."

"Are you sure, Sweetie? We can always go to my house," Kota told me.

"Or mine, Peanut."

"Guys, I'll be fine. I need to go see her anyways."

She's my aunt. The woman who took me in when I had no one else. I should be excited to see her after these last few months apart.

Then why am I not?

Kota pulled up to the side walk and I stepped out. Nathan started to open his door but I leaned back in. "I've got this, guys. I'll let you know if there is any trouble, ok? Now go do......I don't know, some Academy work or something," I smiled as I spoke. Even though the Academy did have them leaving at odd times, and frequently, I still felt ashamed that I wished the Academy would need them now, right this minute. Just so they wouldn't worry about me.

I walked up to the front steps and turned to wave at Kota and Nathan. Kota pulled away from the curb and pulled into his driveway. Both guys went inside.

I turned around and jumped. Aunt Emily was standing right in front of me.

"Oh," I said, as I put an arm up to my chest, " you scared me."

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized, as she moved to the side. "Who were the boys that dropped you off?"

I blushed. I knew she would ask, I was even ready for it, but I still blushed.

"That was Kota and Nathan. They live on this street. Kota gives Nathan and me a lift to school," I replied, then quickly added, "The school buses are extremely full and it's just easier to ride with Kota. School is only 10 minutes from here, anyways. How was your trip?"

I felt bad about making the boys sound like they were just neighbors, nothing more, and I knew that I needed to talk to her about them, but I couldn't make myself. Not yet.

"It was uneventful. Made it in record time, though I do wish that I could have been unpacked before now. It's such a hassle, isn't it?"

I made an agreement noise, before turning to look at the u-haul. The door was opened and was still packed full, like nothing had been moved yet. It looked mostly to be her office stuff, with some of her other stuff here and there. I turned towards her.

I looked at her, really looked at her, for the first time since I had arrived. She was wearing a black and gray pant suit, with a white blouse, and had her black, 4 inch high heals on. Her long brown hair was swept up into a sophisticated style.

My aunt was the opposite of me in a lot of little ways. While we were both slim, she was a lot taller. Almost as tall as Nathan and Kota, and that was without her heals on. Her hair was dark brown and long, almost to her waist when she had it down, which she didn't very often. Her brown eyes that looked back at me, were framed with slim, black glasses.

She looked like she had just stepped out of the office, not out of a car after such a long drive. She also looked like someone too dressed up to unload anything. I sighed.

"Are the movers inside," I asked hopefully.

"No, silly. A friend of mine drove the van down for me. He just left not to long ago. Had to be back."

Well, that's that then.

"I know you've had a long drive. Why don't you just go on inside and rest, while I start unloading the van," I asked, but it came out more like an order. Since I already knew what was coming, I just decided to get it over with. The sooner I had her unpacked, the sooner I could go up to my room and text the guys.

My aunt had always used my strength, and while not always against me, but it was mostly for her benefit. 'Why carry something that could hurt my back, when you can simply lift it with one hand' was her favorite saying to me.

"You are such a dear," she told me, as she put a hand up to cheek and pinched it a little. Almost like what a great aunt would do to a chubby five year old, only my aunt used one hand. Plus she didn't try to kiss me on the cheeks, which I was very glad about.

She turned and walked up the steps. As soon as she was past the door and I could no longer see her, I turned and picked my school bag off the ground where I had dropped it. I pulled my phone out. I had three new text messages.

Kota: Don't forget to ask your aunt about us.

North: Are you home yet?

Gabriel: I need to come over soon, go through your closet again, and get rid of some of it. The clothes aren't fitting right. No objections, or I will send Vic after you. You know he will buy the whole store out if you don't let me do my thing. I just might have him buy you some new clothes anyways. :)

I sent them a message back, in the order I had read them in.

Sang: I will as soon as I get a chance.

Sang: I made it home. My aunt is here.

Sang: When it's safe, you can come over and go through them. But neither one of you are buying me new clothes. I mean it, Meanie.

I put my phone back into my school bag. I didn't need to break it while I was unloading the van.

Here we go, I thought as I headed towards the van.

This update is one where I wanted to show how the dynamics worked between Sang and her aunt. Let me know what you guys think!

Don't forget to comment/vote.:)