Chapter 18

Thanks for the comments and votes. :)

After we ate, Kota and Nathan cleaned up the kitchen while the rest of us settled back into the living room. I was sitting in between Luke and Gabriel, listening to the others talk back and forth to each other.

North and Silas were talking about joining the football team, though North didn't sound too excited about it.

Victor, Luke, and Gabriel were talking about going to the mall near by.

"We need to go sometime this week,"Gabriel said. "I still have to pick up a couple more things."

"I've got to go, too. I need to replenish my candy stash," Luke said quietly, looking over in North's direction.

"Princess, would you like to go with us?"

"I'm sorry, Victor, but I think I'll skip out on going this time. Plus, I don't need anything. Aunt Emily already ordered all my school stuff and it should be here in a couple days."

"Plus, the mall will be crowded and I don't want Sang to get lost on her first trip there. Better for her to wait until later in the year, when people aren't shopping for school clothes and supplies, " Kota said as he came in from the kitchen.

I smiled up at him, showing my thanks. I didn't do good in big crowds. I didn't know how I was going to survive this school year, though it wasn't as bad when the guys were near.

My stomach tightened sharply, make me wince.

Oh, no. Not now.

I'd last drank blood early yesterday morning, but now it was close to 3 in the afternoon, and my body was starting to make its demand for blood known.

Darn it! How am I going to drink with all of them here?

Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice as the pain got worse. My body would only get worse if I didn't feed it, and soon.

"Excuse me," I said, as I stood up and headed out of the living room.

When I stepped into the kitchen, I froze. Nathan was still in there, wiping down the counter.

I can do this. Just walk to the fridge, grab a bag, and heat it up. I didn't need to drink it in front of them, but I did need to warm it up first.

Nathan gave me a smile when he saw me in the kitchen doorway.

"Hey, Peanut."

"Hey, Nathan. You just about done in here?"

"Almost. Missing me?"

I smiled.

"I was just wondering."

I lost my smile as another sharp pain jolted through my stomach, this time taking my breath away.

"You ok, Peanut?"

"Yeah, sorry. I just need to get something to drink," I said, heading to the sink and grabbing my cup.

"Why don't you sit down, before you fall, and I'll get you something to drink."

He led me to the table, and into a chair. He grabbed my cup.

"Do you want water, juice, or something else," he asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Umm, Nathan-"

North appeared in the doorway.

"What's going on in here? Sang Baby, what's wrong," he asked when he saw me sitting at the table, holding my stomach. The pain was getting worse. He crossed to my side, kneeling down by my chair.

"It's ok, North. I just need something to drink."

"All this," he said, as his gaze traveled from my head to my feet, "isn't the result of needing something to drink."

"It does for me," I replied. "I need-"

"Hey, Cupcake, are you ready to play... What's going on," Luke asked as he walked into the kitchen.

He looked from me to North, then to Nathan, who was still holding my cup. He looked back at me, studying me, before compression shown from his eyes.

I blushed, looking down. Luke was the only one I had ever drank blood in front of. I started to calm down. He knew what I needed now.

"Here, Nathan, let me take that. North relax, she'll be fine."

I glanced up when I heard the fridge open. Luke grabbed a bag, cut it open, and poured it into the cup. He then put the cup into the microwave.  "How long for, Cupcake?"

I told him while looking from North to Nathan. Recognition dawned on both their faces.

"Peanut, why didn't you say that you needed blood in the first place? I'm sorry, I forgot," Nathan said, looking apologetically at me.

"It's ok, Nathan."

"What I want to know is why you're in pain, Sang Baby. I've never seen you like that before."

"I might have forgotten to drink earlier. I went too long without the blood and that was my body's way of letting me know that it needed it."

Luke walked over and sat the cup in front of me. By now, the pain was soo bad that I didn't even hesitate. I grabbed up the cup and started to gulp the blood down.

"Easy, Sang Baby, slow down. You're going to choke on it if you drink it too fast."

I slowed down, but finished the cup before looking back up. I blushed as I realized they had been watching me drink the blood. I know Luke had seen it before, but for some reason, I didn't think the others would want to witness it.

"Do you want some more, Peanut," Nathan asked.

At my nod, he got up and refilled my cup. He sat it down in front of me after warming it up. I drank it slower that time.

If I went to long, more than 24 hours, without drinking blood, it usually took two bags before I felt fine again. It had been years since this had happened.

I need to call my aunt in the morning and have her order more.

The sound of footsteps sounded from the living room and soon, the rest of the guys were in the dining room with us.

"What's wrong," Kota asked, looking at me.

I blushed and looked down, while North explained all that had happened.

"Do you need any more, Sweetie?"

"No thank you, Kota. I'm fine now."

Luke caught my eye and gave me a smile.

"I told you, Cupcake. It doesn't bother us."

Just then, someone knocked on the front door.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)