Chapter 13

Thanks again for the comments and votes! :)

I took a sip and glanced at Luke. He gave me a smile.

"Can I ask you a question," Luke asked me.

"Yeah," I replied, starting to get a little nervous. What if I had grossed him out?

"What does the blood taste like? Not that I'd ever want to try it, I'm just curious."

Always curious, Luke seemed to be. I smiled gently at him.

"Well it doesn't really have a taste. I mean, I've been drinking bagged blood for years now, so I'm used to it. The smell was probably the hardest thing to get used to though."

"Have you ever bit anyone, even by accident?"

I blushed.

"No, I've never bitten anyone, accident or not. I've been around others who'd had an opened wound that was bleeding but it never bothered me. My fangs have never popped out like that before that night. They've only came out when I drank blood from a cup. The only time I even felt like biting someone was when Gabriel cut his hand that night. Not that I would have," I rushed to say.

I didn't want him or the others thinking they had to be on constant alert, just waiting for me to strike.

"So what made you want to bite Gabe for," he asked, leaning back against the counter.

"His blood smelled really good," I said. I stopped, trying to think of the best way to explain it.

I drank down the rest of the blood. I walked over to the sink, washed my cup out, and sat it into the dish drainer.

"Just imagine your favorite dessert with its sweetest, most intense smell and times that by ten. The smell was just, umm, just..... It was like nothing I'd ever smelled before," I finished, blushing once again.

"I wonder what it's like to be bitten," he whispered in a dazed tone. He sat up straight and we both blushed. I don't think he meant to say that out loud.

"I mean, like, unmm, like... Never mind. Soo what do you want to do now," he asked, changing the subject.

About two hours later, Luke and I were just finishing up a movie, when someone started knocking on the front door. Luke got up to answer it.

In walked Silas and North. Silas was wearing a dark blue shirt and black pants. North was wearing a black shirt and black jeans.

I jumped up as they both came towards me. Silas reached me first.

"Aggele Mou, did you have fun with Luke today," Silas asked, as he reached out to touch my hand, before giving me a big hug. Nothing happened.

"Yeah, I did. We just finished watching a movie," I replied.

I turned to North, who was glaring down at an empty popcorn bag.

"Sang Baby, tell me he at least fed you a real meal before you watched the movie," North said, as he too reached out to touch my hand. A shock zapped up my arm. I stiffened when he hugged me and he noticed.