Chapter 20

Ok, so I have a question for you readers out there. Is this story progressing too slowly or too fast?
(Here's a look at what goes through my mind)
Mind 1: This story is moving soo slowly, we need to speed it up! We'll never get to the end at this rate.
Mind 2: We need to slow down! We don't want to forget an important detail. (which we will need later on)
Mind 3 (my favorite part): Oh look, cookies! Luke! We have cookies! Luke! Luke? Has anyone seen Luke?
Any thoughts on this or any part of the book would be welcome. Thanks for reading!
*Crazy rant over now*

As we made our way downstairs, we could hear loud voices coming from the living room.

I followed behind Kota and Gabriel. I paused in the doorway when I heard my name mentioned.

"Sang Baby doesn't need this sh*t right now. We need to do something about him," North bellowed.

"North, while I agree with you, technically he hasn't done anything wrong. He hasn't threatened her or made any inappropriate move towards her," Victor replied calmly.

Were they talking about Mr Hades? Why would they be worried about him? I mean, he does make me uncomfortable, but then again, most things do.

I glanced around the room. Victor, Luke, and Dr Sean sat on the couch. North, Silas, and Nathan leaned against the wall opposite of them. Mr Blackbourne sat in a kitchen chair that had been placed next to the couch. When we had walked in, Kota and Gabriel had sat in the floor on the other side of the couch.

"I sure as sh*t am not going to just f*cking wait around until he does," North shouted back.

"North, none of us are going to let anything happen to Aggele Mou," Silas told him, in a calming tone. "One of us will be with her at all times at school."

"Si, what about when she's f*cking here alone? What about then?"

"Mr Taylor Junior, that is enough," Mr Blackbourne said. He turned his gaze to me.

"Now that Miss Sorenson has arrived, this meeting can began. Miss Sorenson, before we begin, is there anything you would like to say?"

At the mention of my name, all eyes turned to me. I took a couple steps into the room.

"Mr Blackbourne, would you please explain to me what's going on? Who are you guys?"

That was the question I had been asking myself since I'd met them. I might be shy and naive, but even I noticed that they didn't act like normal teenage boys.

One is already a doctor, for goodness sake.

"Miss Sorenson, although I can not tell you everything, I will tell you what I can.

"Family first, Miss Sorenson. As you might have noticed, we act more like a family than friends. Second, Family is a choice. We are not blood related, but we chose to be a family.

"We became a family through the Academy. The Academy is like a school, of sorts. This year, we are on loan from the Academy, sent to Ashley Waters to help the school out. The boys are there to set an example for the other students and to help when needed. Dr Green and myself are there to help in the class rooms as well as the office. That is all I can say about why we are there.

"Mr Lee has reported to me about your reaction when the boys receive text messages, then leave shortly after. You neither object to their abrupt leaving, nor ask them any questions. May I ask you why?"

I stood there, trying to process what Mr Blackbourne was telling me.

The Academy? What exactly do they do there? School, of sorts? What does that even mean? Is it a super secret spy school? Or a secret ninja school?

Did that mean they would be leaving Ashley Waters next year, going back to the Academy school?

These and a thousand other questions ran through my mind. I finally realized that they were all staring at me, as if they were waiting for something to happen.

Oh, yeah. Mr Blackbourne had asked me a question.

"I'm sorry, Mr Blackbourne. It's a lot to take in at once," I replied, pausing for a second before going on. "I never said anything because I didn't feel that I needed to know. I trust that if I was supposed to know about it, one of you would have told me. Plus, I haven't known you guys that long. It's really none of my business."

Even as I said it, I knew I was crazy for trusting them this early. Like I said, I hadn't known them that long.

But, they did know most of my secrets, even my biggest one. I just hoped that, in time, they too would come to learn to trust me with some of their secrets.

"Very good response, Miss Sorenson. Just as long as you know that we can only tell you so much, leaving some questions unanswered. Never think it is because of you, personally.

"We have an obligation to the Academy, to never mention certain things infront of non Academy members. We promise to tell you what we can, when asked," Mr Blackbourne said, as he looked to the others in the room.

They all gave slight nods, silently agreeing with Mr Blackbourne.

"Any more questions,Miss Sorenson? "

I shook my head no.

While I did have more questions, I didn't know how to ask them in front of the others. Might be better to ask individual guys certain questions.

"Alright, let this meeting begin. Mr Lee, report please."

Mr Blackbourne remained silent while Kota explained about Mr Hades stopping by earlier. At the end, he turned his gaze back to me.

"Miss Sorenson, would it be possible that your aunt would tell him this?"

"I don't know. We don't really talk. If she did, why would she?"

"Maybe the next time you speak to her, mention seeing him and see how she reacts," Kota said.

" I don't f*cking care what she has to say! I want to know what we are going to do about that f*cker," Gabriel said, loudly.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)