Chapter 16

Thanks for the comments and votes. What do you guys think of it so far? :)

I turned, confused by the voice, since the last time I had heard it was right before my parents had died.

There standing behind me, in Ashley Waters High School, many states away from Illinois, was Aunt Emily's old boyfriend, Chip Hades.

He was a tall, slim man with short black hair and glasses. He was wearing a collared, light blue shirt and jeans.

I stared wide eyed at him. Why was he here?

The last time I had seen him was the weekend before my parents accident. We'd had a family get together in our backyard, and my mother had finally talked my aunt into brining her boyfriend to meet everyone. He'd been quiet and observed everyone there. They didn't stay long.

Later that day, I'd overheard my mom tell my dad that she didn't think it would last much longer, but she never said why. A week after the accident, my aunt told me it was over and she hadn't brought him up again.

I came back to the present when a throat cleared. I blinked, shocked.

While I was lost in the past, the guys had circled around me, cutting off Mr Hades from view.

"It's ok guys. I know him, sort of. He used to date my aunt, years ago."
Kota slowly moved to my side, making an opening for me to see Mr Hades.

"Hello, Sang. I wasn't for sure you'd remember me, as it's been so long ago," Mr Hades said.

" Yes, well, I'll let my aunt know you're in-"

"Oh, no my dear, that won't be necessary, as she already knows I'm here," he said, cutting me off.

He took a couple steps towards me and the guys moved closer. He looked at them, one by one, and then he smiled at me. "Why don't you call your guard dogs off and we can catch up on old times, huh?"

North was on my other side and I grabbed his arm when he growled and took a step towards Mr Hades.

Before anything else could happen, I heard another voice break in.

"Ah, there you are Mr Hades," Dr Sean said as he walked towards us from the direction of the school building. "Mr Hendricks is looking for you. Needs you in his office, I think."

Mr Hades straightened.

"Thank you, Dr Green. I'll go see him now." He turned back to me and this time it was Gabriel that growled.

"I'll see you later, Sang," Mr Hades said in a low voice, before he turned and walked away.

I shuddered. He was a little too friendly and kind of pushy. A complete 180 from when I first met him.

Kota saw me shudder and he pulled me into his side.

Dr Sean waited until Mr Hades had entered the building before turning to us.

"Everything ok out here," he asked while looking at me.

"D*ck head just appeared out of nowhere," Gabriel said before I could speak.

"We might have overreacted a little," Kota said sheepishly, while he pulled me closer to him.

"No we f*cking didnt," North bellowed. "F*cker was getting too close to Sang Baby."

"It didn't help when Aggele Mou turned white as a ghost when he spoke," Silas said.

Everyone looked at me then.

"I've met him once before, a couple days before my parents accident. He was dating my aunt at the time. I don't know why he's here though," I replied softly, while looking down.

"Ok everyone, let's head to Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green's office and continue this conversation there. We're getting too much attention here," Kota said in a commanding tone.

I glanced up and around. Sure enough, kids were all around the courtyard and some of them were staring at us.

We headed for the school. I followed being Silas again, with North behind me.

Soon we entered a small office. It was just big enough for two desk (facing each other), two office chairs, and a couple filing cabinets.

Mr Blackbourne was sitting behind one of the desk, while Dr Sean sat down at the other one. Mr Blackbourne focused his steel gray eyes on me before setting them on Kota.

"Mr Lee, report."

"We had just finished with touring the school. We all met back up at the courtyard, when an unknown male approached Sang. She looked scared and we reacted," Kota said.

"That was Mr Hades. He's the new world history teacher," Dr Sean said.

Mr Hades was a teacher?

"He sure as h*ll didn't act like a teacher out there," Gabriel said. "He was trying to get into her f*cking personal space and he was way too f*cking friendly."

"Language, Mr Coleman."

"Sorry, Trouble," Gabriel muttered.

I waved him off. His colorful language never bothered me, although I knew he'd have to watch it here while at school.

" Miss Sorenson, did he, at any time, make you feel uncomfortable," Mr Blackbourne asked.

"You know he f*cking did! You saw it on the camera," North said, this time slightly lower than a bellow.

They have access to the school caneras?

"I'm well aware of what I saw, Mr Taylor. However, I'd like to hear from Miss Sorenson herself, before I make any decisions. Miss Sorenson, please, would you answer my question? "

"Yes, he did," I replied softly.

"Thank you, Miss Sorenson. Ok, we will keep an eye on Mr Hades. No one is to interfere unless absolutely necessary. Report any suspicious behavior. Now that you have all toured the school, head on out. You all know where you are to go," Mr Blackbourne said, dismissing us.

I followed the guys silently out of the room.

School hadn't even started yet, and already it was off to a bad start.

Also, why is Mr Blackbourne giving the guys orders and why are they following them?

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)