Chapter 2

My idea of what Nathan looks like, except with more muscle

After grabbing an apple from a bowl on the kitchen table, I took a bite as I headed to the back porch.

As I stepped outside, even with the sun just starting to rise in the sky, the mid July heat rolled over me. I turned back to go inside the house.

I changed into some shorts and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I headed back outside and headed for the woods.

There's just something calming and relaxing about walking in the woods.
Especially early morning walks, when the sun just starts to rise in the sky.

I'd been walking in these woods about every day since I arrived and I hadn't ran into anyone yet. I figured it's just about time that I do.

While there aren't many kids in my neighborhood, there are a few.

I didn't have any friends from my last school. I kept to myself and stayed out of people's way. I talked to people if they asked me a question, but I didn't talk first.

Sometimes being alone was just fine by me, but occasionally I thought it'd be nice to talk to someone my own age.

I kept walking, just enjoying the quiet morning.

All of a sudden I heard a shout from infront of me.

I'd had my head down, looking around at the ground, and glanced up.

A boy was jogging on the path towards me. He stopped as he got to me. He was about a head taller than me and had some defined muscles.

His eyes were blue and his short red/brown hair looked soft. He was wearing a sleeveless white shirt and red running shorts. He had ear buds hanging from around his neck.

He cleared his troat, knocking me out of my daze. I'd just been standing there, checking him out. I blushed.

"Sorry, I just wanted to get your attention. I was headed towards you and didn't want to scare you. I'm Nathan," he said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Sang," I replied, while I reached for his hand. As soon as we touched, a slight shock zapped up my arm.

I jerked my hand a little, but he showed no reaction to being shocked.

Did he not feel that?

He gently shook my hand and released me.

"I live a couple houses up from you," Nathan said.

I glanced back down, blushing again.

How does he know where I live? I thought.

"I'm not a stalker, I swear," he said quickly with a nervous laugh. "I've just seen you coming out from the grey house a few times. I like to run in the mornings when I can, before it gets to hot to during the day."

"Ah," I said, then felt like face-palming myself.

Seriously Sang?

I couldn't think of anything to say. He oddly made me want to talk and I had no words to say.

"So you just moved in," Nathan asked, looking at me.

"Yep," I replied, glancing back down.

"What school will you be going to," he asked.

What school? Was there more than one here?

"Ashley Waters High School," I said.

"Sweet, me too. What grade," he asked.

"Junior," I said, blushing again.

I could feel his gaze on me. I wasn't used to this much attention from a boy before. Boys just never talked much to me.

"Me too. Maybe we'll have some classes together."

"Maybe," I said, once again blushing. I glanced up to see him smiling at me. I gave a small smile in return.

A buzzing noise came from his phone, which was strapped to his upper arm. He quickly pulled it off and glanced at it.

"Sorry, I've got to run. Well I guess I'll see you around. It was nice to meet you. Bye Sang," he said. He turned and started walking the way he had came from.

" Bye Nathan," I said.

He turned and waved. I waved back, then turned and started walking back towards my house.

I sighed as I reached the porch.

Not too bad for a first meeting with a guy my own age from here.

I blushed, remembering how cute he'd been.

Maybe he'd be a good walking buddy, I thought as I walked inside and shut the door. I smiled at the thought.

Don't forget to comment/vote below. :)