Chapter 15

Thanks for the comments and votes!

I raced down the stairs to the front door, tucking my pale pink button up shirt into the waist of my cream colored, knee length skirt, and opened it. Kota stood there, wearing a nice, white button up shirt, with a green tie, and black dress pants. He gave me a smile.
"Ready to go, Sang?"
"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied, giving him a nervous smile in return.
Today was registration day at the high school. I wasn't looking forward to being around new people again, after staying home most of the summer. Hopefully this year would be better since I'd have the guys there with me.
"Don't worry, Sweetie, we'll be right there with you," Kota said, as if reading my mind. "We will only be there for an hour or two at the most. Then we can come back here and do whatever you feel like doing. That sound good?"
"Will anyone be joining us," I asked, trying to calm myself down. I didn't want to have a panic attack infront of Kota. I was already embarrassed enough.
"Breathe, Sweetie. Take a big, deep breath and hold it. One, two, three. Ok, now let it out. Ok, now do it again."
As he counted for me, he reached out and put his hand on my lower back. A shock zapped up my back and I jerked forward, away from his hand.
"I'm so sorry, Sang. I forgot," Kota said, reaching out and rubbing my back gently.
"It's ok, Kota. Are we ready to go" I asked as I started walking towards Kota's car parked in the driveway.
He reached my door steps before me, and opened the door. I smiled up at him as he shut my door. I buckled up as he walked around the car and got into the driver seat.
"We have to pick Nathan up, then we can head to the school. The others should be there soon."
He pulled up to the curb infront of Nathan's house, just as Nathan was walking out the door. He was wearing the same as Kota, except he had on a red tie. He ran to the car and got into the back seat behind me.
"Morning, Peanut. Morning, Kota," Nathan said as he shut the car door.
"Morning," Kota and I said at the same time. We shared a smile before he turned his attention to the road.
The drive to school only took ten minutes. We parked and walked towards the building.
The outside of the building needed fixed up. Paint was peeling off in most spots, so much so that it was hard to tell what the original color was. It was a two story brick building, with small windows and double glass doors leading into it. From our spot in the parking lot, we could see a line of students just waiting to go inside. Just how many kids attend school here?
"Like I said, I've got a bad feeling about this," Nathan said as he looked at the other students.
Kota glanced at his phone, then grabbed my hand.
"Come on, guys. The others are waiting for us inside."
Since Mr Blackbourne worked in the office, he'd already turned in our schedules, so the guys and I were only here to check out the school, so we didn't have to wait in the lines. It still took us twenty minutes before we made it past the double doors.
Just inside the door, I noticed Silas's tall figure standing out above the crowd. I tugged on our still joined hands to get Kota's attention, then pointed in Silas's direction when he looked at me. He nodded that he saw him, then headed towards Silas.
Trying to walk through the hallway was almost impossible. Everywhere I walked, I bumped into someone. If this is how it is during school, how will anyone get to their classes on time?
We finally made it to Silas.
"Hi, Silas," I said a little breathlessly. I took a couple deep breaths to calm down. Way too many people for me.
"Hey, Aggele Mou, ready to check this school out? It's not as crowded after you pass the registration tables. Most everyone's right here."
"Lead the way, Silas," Kota said.
When people literally moved out of his way, I could see why Kota wanted Silas to lead. I quickly followed after him.

We met the guys out in the courtyard. Everyone was wearing the same white shirt and black pants, only their ties were different colors. They looked way too dressed up for this school. I did too, since Gabriel had picked out my outfit when he came over last weekend to trim my hair.
He does have good taste, though, I thought, sighing. The guys made a striking picture, either separate or altogether.
"You ok there, Cupcake?"
I snaped out of my daydream and nodded, looking at Luke, who was grinning.
All the guys laughed and I blushed.
"Ok everyone, listen up. We're too big a group to go altogether so let's split up into groups. North, Victor, Gabriel, and I will go together. Silas, Sang, Luke, and Nathan will go together. We'll meet back here in an hour," Kota said, looking at his watch. Nathan checked his watch too.
Both groups took of in different directions, and we headed back inside the school.
Inside, every class room was small, all filled to the brim with student desks. The library was almost none existant, and the cafeteria was average size, with tables all in rows. Outside, in the courtyard, there were even more tables lined up.
Out behind the school, past the football and baseball fields, were rows of trailers, about 25 to 30 in total.
Again, just how many kids go here?
"D*mn school," Nathan muttered under his breath. He looked down at his watch. "Ok, time to head back to the courtyard."
"Let's hope we don't get lost," Luke said. I silently agreed.
We made our way back to the courtyard, just as the others came from inside the school.
"This school is a f*cking joke," Gabriel said as he walked up to stand by me.
Before I could say anything, a vaguely familiar voice spoke up from behind me.
"Miss Sorenson?"

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)