Chapter 48

Thanks for all the comments and votes!

One Month Later

A lot had changed in the last month, but somethings had stayed the same. My aunt still wasn't home yet, but, once again, she said she would be home in a week or two. I'd given up on her by now.

It was nice, though, that she wasn't here. The guys always seemed to be around, usually one or two at a time. The only ones that I didn't see, except for at school, were Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne.

With Dr Green now in charge of my blood supply, I didn't have to worry about running out or having to use my aunt's supply. Along with that, each boy seemed to have taken on the responsibility to make sure that I had my cup of blood every day. If no one was there, which didn't occur often, I would get at least 9 or 10 text messages asking me if I had drank yet.

I loved that they cared so much, but I couldn't help but wonder if I was being too much of a burden to them. Sometimes I thought that they only saw me as someone they needed to take care of. They were always so helpful and thoughtful. I was slowly getting used to it, to being cared for. I still didn't know how to except it, though.

I had also started to see the guys in a whole new light. At first, I just looked at them as friends, friends that I had never had before. That soon changed, after spending so much time together. I didn't think that they saw me as anything but a friend, but I was thankful that, so far, no one had brought a girlfriend around. If any of them had a girl friend, they hadn't told me. The subject was never brought up.

School was going good, except for the occasional run in with Mr Hades. Mr Blackbourne had arranged it so that I no longer had to take his class anymore, but he still managed to find me. The boys always stayed by me, though, so he never got too close to me.

Ever since I started drinking the blood from the guys, my appetite for regular food had become nonexistent. I knew Dr Green was worried, as where the other boys, but once a week he would examine me, checking me over from head to toe, and he never found any problems. I never lost any weight, was never dehydrated, and I was, for all appearances, healthy. As long as I stayed healthy, Mr Blackbourne had told me, I could continue as I was.

That never stopped the guys from trying to get me to eat though.

Especially North and Kota. They were always trying to get me to eat, whether it was a full meal or just a piece of fruit. North had even brought me special healthy drinks, that tasted awful, but I tried to drink them for him anyways. Luke had even tried to bribe me with chocolate.

Since I began drinking from the new blood supply, I felt different.

I felt stronger than ever, not that I was weak before, but I felt like I could take on anyone in a fight and win. Though some of the guys would never let me find that one out first hand.

I also noticed that, as weird as it sounded, my body seemed to heal itself and at a fast rate. I had fallen down while taking a walk in the woods one day and had had a big bruise on my knee and my hands and knees had been all scrapped up from the fall. By the time I had made it back home, both my hands and knees had been healed and my bruise had been completely gone. To test the theory out, I had taken a small kitchen knife and had cut a shallow line along the palm of my hand, only enough for it to bleed a small amount. Before my very eyes I watched as the skin had healed completely up.

I shared all this with Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green, just as I had been asked to. Mr Blackbourne had decided that, for the time being, the boys didn't need to know about this new development, and I silently agreed with him.

Why be any weirder than I already was in their eyes?

"Come on, Cupcake. No one will ever know. Let's just try it. If you don't like it, we stop. Simple as that."

"Yeah, Trouble, come on. We all want to try it. We're just the first ones to f*cking have the nerve to ask."

"You can't tell me that you've never thought about it. We both know that you have. We've seen the looks that you give us, the ones that you think we don't see."

"But we f*cking see them. We're not the only ones to notice either, trust me."

"Please, Cupcake? Do it for yourself, even if it's just out of curiosity."

"Yeah, Trouble. If not for yourself, than please do it just to put me and Luke out of our f*cking misery, please!"

I was sitting on the couch in my living room, speechless. I could only stare at Luke and Gabriel as they paced back and forth in front of me.

"Please, Trouble, say something," Gabriel begged me, coming over and sitting down beside me.

Luke settled down on the other side of me. I just kept silent, staring straight ahead now. I still couldn't find the words. I knew my face was bright red, as I could feel the heat coming from my cheeks.

Silence filled the room. It didn't last long.

"F*cking h*ll," Gabriel said. I turned to look at him as he pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at it. I turned to look at Luke as he did the same.

"Sorry, Cupcake. We've got to go, but we'll be back."

"Yeah, Trouble. This conversation isn't over, not by a f*cking long shot."

They each gave me a hug and I watched as they walked out of the room. I heard the front door shut. For once, I was glad for the interruption.

Side note, Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green aren't included in Sang's feelings for the boys as of yet. At this time, she hasn't really spent much time with either of them. Dr Green flirts with her, but she doesn't always notice when he does. They will get there though, all in due time. ;)

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)