Chapter 64

Thanks for all the comments and votes! It's interesting to read what some of you guys have said/guessed at. :)

We pulled up to the school and into the drop off lane, which was surprisingly not that long. Maybe six cars in front of us. I turned to the window. Students were standing everywhere, either waiting to get in or talking to their friends. I glanced around but didn't see any of the guys. I turned around in my seat, looking for Kota's car, but I didn't see it either.

"Are we looking for someone," my aunt asked me, with an amusing tone in her voice. I turned towards her and found her looking at me. She was smiling, but it wasn't the creepy one from last night. This one seemed genuine. She turned her head to look out at the students in front of the school. "Although with all these people standing around, it can't be easy to spot the person you're looking for."

"There is a lot of kids that attend here. It's about three times the size of my last school," I replied. I looked through the kids again, hoping to see one of the guys, any of the guys.

Maybe they are already inside, sitting at our table.

"Ok, I'll pick you up after school," Emily told me, as she pulled up close enough for me to get out. I turned back to her.

"There's no need. I've got a study group meeting today after school. I can just catch a ride with Kota, he's in it too,"I lied. It wasn't a complete lie. I would be with Kota, just not at school.

"There's no need for that. I can come pick you up after it's over. We can go eat somewhere for dinner. Just text me the time."

I sighed. I had nothing to say to that, so I would just have to agree with her. "Ok, I'll let you know."

I shut the door and slowly made my way inside. I pulled my phone out, but I hadn't received any messages.

That's weird. Kota and Nathan had been behind us. He would have sent me a message, just to let me know that they were on their way inside.

When I finally made it inside, I walked to the cafeteria and then out to the courtyard. No one was sitting at our table. I frowned at I sat down. I sent a group message to everyone.

Sang: Where are you guys? Classes are about to start.

No one replied back. The bell rang and I stood up. I grabbed my book bag and my cup, which I had forgotten all about. Since none of the guys were around, I'd have to keep ahold of it. Just in case it was all that I had for the day.

*****

By third period, I still hadn't heard from the guys.

It must be Academy related. Maybe one where all of them were needed?

Which had never happened before, but what did I know? I only had a vague idea about the Academy and what the guys did for them.

I was writing down notes when the first wave of pain hit me. It lasted for just a minute and then it passed. Five minutes later, a stronger wave hit me. I doubled over, holding my stomach. I waited for it to pass, but it never did. The pain seemed to get stronger and stronger with every minute that passed. I looked down at the cup, which I had been holding between my legs.

I have no other choice. If I want the pain to stop, I'll have to drink it.

"Sang, are you ok," the teacher asked me. He had been walking around the room and had stopped by my desk. I looked up at him.

"May I be excused?"

"Better head to the nurses office. Do you need someone to help you get there or do you think you can manage by yourself," he asked me.

"I can do it," I told him. I slowly eased up, but had to hunch over a little when I stood. I picked up my bag and grabbed the cup from the desk. Some how, I managed to make it out of the class room, but had to stop just pass the door. I leaned against the wall as the pain grew even stronger. I dropped to my knees, barely managing to keep ahold of the cup. I had no idea what to do. I didn't think that I could make it to a bathroom, but I couldn't drink out here in the hallway. Even with no one around.

"Miss Sang," a voice called. I glanced up to see Mr. Hades walking towards me.

No! No! No! Mr. Blackbourne said to run, to never be alone with Mr. Hades. I can't stay here. I have to get away from him. I have to get up.

I leaned against the wall, using it to help me stand. Just as soon as I was up, I turned in the other direction and tried to run. It was probably more like a hobble at this point.

"Miss Sang, are you ok," Mr. Hades asked as he grabbed ahold of my arm. He pulled me to a stop and looked me over. "I think we may need the nurse for this one. Come on, I'll help you." He started to pull me along with him. I had no choice but to go with him. I couldn't out run him and I couldn't break his hold on my arm anyways.

Ten minutes passed before I realized we were going in the opposite direction of the nurses office. We were close to the front office. I tired to make myself stop, but with him tugging on me and the pain that was racing through my body, I couldn't. He headed down a side hallway, one that I knew led outside.

I panicked. Despite the pain, I tried to jerk from him again. This time, he let me go and I slammed into the wall. I tried to scream, but nothing came out.

"Miss Sang," he said. He held up this hands, as if to say that he meant no harm. "I'm just trying to help you. I think you need a hospital, not the nurse. I will call Emily on the way, ok?"

I glanced around, trying to find a weapon of some kind, anything to protect myself with. My eyes fell onto the cup that I had miraculously managed to keep ahold of. At this point, it didn't matter if people knew I had  brought blood to school. At the moment, it was all that I had. I twisted the lid off and jerked the cup up quickly. The blood hit him in the face. He yelled and started rubbing at his face, trying to get the blood out of his eyes to clear his vision.

With him unable to see me, I managed a painful hobble away from him, back towards the direction of the front office. I remembered Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Sean's office was close to where I was, in one of the many hallways off from the front office. I had found the right hallway when I heard Mr. Hades shout my name. The sound of running feet spurred me on. I picked up my pace, as much as I could manage, and ran to their door. I pounded my fist on the door. When no one answered right away, I realized they weren't inside. With all the noise, someone would have opened the door quickly if they had been in there.

I almost lost it, could see blackness on the edges of my vision, and knew that I had to do something or I was going down. I couldn't just stand here and wait for him to reach me. His footsteps were getting closer and closer. Soon, I wouldn't have any chance of escape.

Another wave of pain shot through me and I reached out. I grabbed the door handle, trying to keep myself from falling. It moved in my hand. I twisted it and the door opened. I stood there in shock for a moment, knowing that this door was always locked, but Mr. Hades yelling brought me out of it. I went into the room, slammed the door, and locked it. I fell to the floor just as pounding sounded at the door. I could hear Mr. Hades voice, but coudn't make out what he was saying. My world tilted sideways and then all went black.

Let me know what you guys think! Don't forget to vote! :)