Chapter 36

Thanks for the comments and votes!

After our talk was over, the guys decided that some of them were going to head to Nathan's to sleep, after being up all night.

Dr Sean had to work a shift at the hospital. Mr Blackbourne had a meeting he needed to attend. Gabriel and Luke were going to stay with me for the day. Kota left to head to his house and the others left to go sleep at Nathan's.

As the front door shut, leaving the three of us alone in the house, Luke spoke up.

"Cupcake, I'm going to go catch up on some sleep. Gabe, wake me up in a couple hours."

I watched, as Luke climbed up the stairs and disappeared into my room. I turned to look at Gabriel, who had been quietly watching me.

"You sure you're ok, Trouble? Not tired or still hungry?"

"I really am fine, Gabriel, promise."

"That you are, Trouble. D*mn fine, at that," he said with a wink.

If he knew I was fine, why ask?

I gave him a questioning look, but he just gave me another wink and a big smile.

"Ok, since we have established that I am fine, what do you want to do now," I asked him, turning to walk back into the living room.

After the nap earlier, I wasn't in the least bit tired. Plus, I figured that after last night, I needed to do something as normal as watching a movie or hanging out with a friend.

Gabriel followed, and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Whatever you want to do is f*cking fine with me, Trouble."

"We could watch a mo-"

The house phone ringing interupted me.

I got up to answer it, knowing it was probably my aunt.

"Hello?"

"Sang, hey how's everything going," came Emily's voice over the phone.

"Umm, not good. There wa-"

"That's good. Hey I was just calling to let you know I should be home in a couple weeks. Almost have everything wrapped up here. I've put in an order for groceries and blood, they should arrive on Tuesday. Make sure you put the blood in the fridge when you get home from school. Let me know if you need anything before I come home. I've got to go. Love you."

I clicked the end button, stairing down at the phone.

She didn't even let me speak. Why does that shock me? Nothing new there, but still, she needs to know about the break in.

I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist, pulling me up against a warm chest. I looked up at Gabriel, who was looking down at me with worried eyes.

"Everything ok, Trouble?"

"That was my aunt. I didn't get a chance to tell her about the break in. She said she should be home in a couple weeks."

A sudden thought hit me.

"Meanie, what happens when my aunt comes home? She isn't going to let you guys stay here. Of course, with her here, you guys won't need to stay."

I looked down, unable to look at him. I didn't want him to see the disappointment on my face.

I enjoyed spending time with the guys, but I don't think my aunt would like it if they were there all the time. She wouldn't understand the reason behind it.

He put his hand under my chin, tilting my head up so that I focused on him.

"Trouble, no matter what, we are not leaving you here without one of us here too. I don't give a flying f*ck if your aunt is living here or not. We're not leaving you."

"Meanie, she wouldn't understand. I haven't had a chance to even mention you guys to her yet."

"Don't worry about it, Trouble. Let us handle it. We'll find a way, trust me. Now, come on, let's pick out a movie to watch."

We settled on a movie, 50 First Dates, and settled back on the couch.

I was hooked from the start of the movie. By the time the movie was over, I had ended up in Gabriel's lap, with my arms around his neck and him rubbing my back and comforting me.

"Trouble, it's ok. It had a happy ending."

"It's still so sad. She can't remember him, never will again. Can you imagine loving someone so much and them not remember who you are, day after day? How much he must have loved her."

I hid my face in his neck, silently crying. I don't know why, but the movie really hit me.

What would it be like to know a love like that?

"Trouble, think of it this way. She gets to fall in love with him day after day."

I looked up at him, giving him a watery smile.

"I hadn't thought of it like that."

"Some people go their whole life not ever knowing what love is. Yeah, she forget's him every morning, but she falls back in love with him every night."

Oh how I wanted to be loved like that one day.

"You will, Trouble."

I blushed, not realizing I had said that out loud.

"Ok, enough crying for one day. Let's go see what we can make for lunch," I said as I stood up, wanting to change the subject.

He let the subject drop and followed behind me as I went into the kitchen. As I opened the fridge door, something caught my eye. Or the lack of something caught my attention.

There was no bags of blood in sight.

Don't forget to comment/vote. Thanks! :)