Chapter 57

Thanks you guys! I really needed to hear that! Ok, on with the story. :)

A Week Later

It had been almost a week since the incident with Victor and the others. True to Mr. Blackbourne's orders, there was alway one of the guys who stayed with me while I was at home. It was usually Nathan, since he had no one at home to worry about. The others stayed when they could.

No one had brought up the incident and I was not about to. While Nathan seemed to have calmed down and now acted more like himself towards me, I still caught him glaring at Victor when he thought no one was paying attention. I still had no idea why he was mad at Victor, but I thought that maybe he had been upset for the same reasons North had been. Except North didn't seem mad about it anymore.

Boys, I thought to myself, were very hard to understand.

*****

At the moment, we were sitting at our table for lunch. I glanced around at the guys as they talked. I remained silent, just listening to their voices. I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, but I liked hearing their voices. Luke, Gabriel, and I were sitting on one side of the table, while Victor, Kota, and Nathan sat on the other side. Silas and North were sitting on the grass beside the table.

I was looking at Nathan, when movement from over his shoulder caught my eye. I focused more towards the school building and froze. Mr. Hades was standing just inside the cafeteria, starring out at us through the big glass windows. He had a frightening smile on his face when he saw that he had my attention. He made a 'come here' motion with his hand and I quickly shook my head no. My eyes widened as I watched his face grow angry. He turned and started walking toward the door that lead out into the courtyard.

Gabriel, who was sitting next to me, must have felt me when I had shook my head and was now looking at me. "Trouble, what's wrong? You don't like Kota's idea?"

When I didnt' answer him, since I was too busy watching Mr. Hades, who was now outside and had started walking toward our table, he turned to see what had my attention. I felt him stiffen and then he moved even closer to me.

"What the ever loving f*ck does that f*cker think he is doing? Is he really that f*cking stupid to approach us," he said.

"Gabe, we have talked about this. You can not use that kind of language here. You will get detention if one of the teachers were to hear you," Kota told him.

"The teachers don't f*cking care about my f*cking language. They don't f*cking care about anything that happens in this f*cking school. If you were paying attention to what I had f*cking said, you would be cussing too," Gabriel replied to him. I was so shocked by the tone of Gabriel's voice and by the way he had spoken to Kota, that I took my eyes off of Mr. Hades to look at him.

"Gabriel," I said, "there is no reason to talk to Kota like that. He doesn't see what we do."

With that, all heads turned toward the direction Gabriel was looking in, me included. Mr Hades was still heading our way.

"What the f*ck does he think he's doing," North asked as he and Silas stood up. They moved toward me, with Silas standing behind me and North coming up to stand on my right side. I was blocked in by the guys, for which I was very thankful for.

"Everyone, just remain calm. Mr Blackbourne gave strict orders that we are not to intervene unless he does something to warrant it," Kota told everyone, as he turned back to face us. His eyes found mine and he seemed to be trying to tell me something, but I was too uncomfortable with this new situation, that I couldn't understand him. He glanced at Gabriel, who then reached for my hand under the table, and gave it a tight squeeze. He didn't release my hand.

"He's f*cking breathing. That's warrant enough for me," North told him. "The f*cker is almost to us."

The others had turned back in their seats when Kota had. It seemed everyone had frozen as Mr Hades reached our table. He began to speak.

"Miss Sang, you are to come with me. You are needed in the front office immediately," he said.

I froze, not daring to even breath at this point. I had been looking down at the table, not wanting to see his face, and didn't look up.

Why would I be needed in the office for? Why would they send him and not ask for me over the intercom?

Kota seemed to read my mind.

"I'm sorry, Mr Hades, but since the front office did not call for her over the intercom, she has no reason to believe that she is needed there," he said, in a calm and steady tone.

"I am a teacher at this school, Mr Lee. That is enough of a reason for her to listen and follow me," Mr. Hades sneered at him.

Gabriel squeezed my hand harder, almost like he thought I was doing to disappear if he didn't keep a tight hold on me.

"Teacher or not, you have no cause to come and take her to the office. Like I said, they would have called for her over the intercom," Kota replied in a patient tone, almost like he was talking to an unruly child who would not give up his toys.

"Mr Lee, I will see to it that you all receive after school detention today, unless Miss Sang comes with me."

I quickly looked up and caught Nathan's stare. His face showed no emotion, but his eyes seemed to be screaming at me to stay were I was. As much as I wanted to listen to that silent command, I couldn't let the guys get detention because of me. I stared to stand up, but Gabriel pulled me down by my hand that was still in his, while Silas placed a big hand on my shoulder, applying just enough pressure to keep me there.

"With all do respect, Mr. Hades, you have no authority to give us detention. Since we are on loan simply to help this school out, the school has no power over us. We only answer to Mr. Blackbourne. If you would like, you may talk to him about our behavior. I am sure he will be more than happy to hear from you," Kota told him.

"You might only have to answer to that Mr. Blackbourne of yours, but that cannot be said of Miss Sang. I can simply give her the after school detention," Mr Hades said in a voice filled with anger.

"Mr. Hades, that will be unnecessary, as well as an impossibility. Miss Sorenson does, in fact, answer to me. She is with my students, who are indeed here on loan from the Academy," Mr. Blackbourne said from behind Gabriel.

I looked up at him in surprise. I hadn't even heard him approach us. He put a gentle hand on my shoulder, as if to reassure me that he was there and would not let anything happen to me. I turned back to look at Mr Hades. He had a shocked look on his face. Apparently he hadn't noticed his approach either. He recovered from his shock quickly.

"She is not from the Academy, Mr. Blackbourne. I have been in contact with Emily over the last few months and I know that she is not, nor has she ever been, a part of it."

Mr. Blackbourne moved his hand from off my shoulder and moved around the table to stand beside Mr. Hades. He locked eyes with him and they stared at one another, until Mr. Hades finally glanced away.

Mr. Hades turned on his heals and walked back towards the doors that lead to the cafeteria. The guys all seem to relax at once. I did too, now that Mr. Hades was no longer in view. Mr. Blackbourne, who had also been watching his retreat, turned back to look at us. His gaze stopped on me.

"Miss Sorenson, the same rules from before still apply. You are never, for any reason, to go with him anywhere. That includes the office. I will let it be known that you are apart of our group and that all inquiries about you are to come directly to me," Mr. Blackbourne told me. I nodded at him.

No way in heck was I ever going anywhere with Mr Hades. Especially alone.

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)