Chapter 71

Sorry this chapter turned out so short. Just the way it turned out. The next chapter will be longer, promise!

"What the F*CK happened to your hair," I flinched, my eyes meeting crystal blue ones in the mirror. There was no look of horror on Gabriel's face. Instead he looked p*ssed off. He ran into the room, shutting the door behind him. He walked up behind me, picked up a handful of hair, and squeezed it. I watched as the blood dripped from his hand onto the floor. "Sh*t! Ok, ok. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to get into that f*cking shower and wash off as much as you can. When you're done I'll wash your hair again. I want to make sur-"

"Sang? Everything ok," Aunt Emily's voice came through the door. Gabriel and I froze. I shot him a panicked look, not knowing what to do. After a couple of seconds Gabriel snapped from his frozen state and started moving around the room. He mouthed to me and I repeated him.

"Everything's fine. I'm just not feeling good and I thought a shower might help. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"I was already up. Well if you're sure you're ok, I'll leave you to it."

I held my breath until I heard her bedroom door open and close. After a couple of minutes of silence, Gabriel turned towards me. "Ok, first get into the shower and rinse off what you can. As soon as most of the blood is washed off, we'll fill the tub and I'll wash your hair."

I watched as he turned the water on and adjusted the temperature. Once it was ready, he stepped aside and moved until he was in front of the door, facing away from me.

"Go ahead and get in. I'll run and grab some clothes for you."

I waited until he shut the door before stripping and stepping into the shower. I sighed as the hot water ran over my body. I let it run over me for a few minutes before I started to scrub myself. I tried not to look down, not wanting to see all the blood that was washing down my body and down the drain. I started scrubbing as hard as I could, trying to get it all off.

A voice called out to me, causing me to startle and I dropped the soap. It made a loud bang and I flinched.

"Sang," Emily's voice called out to me, close enough that I could hear her over the running water, "I've got to go away for a few days. I'll let you know when I'm on my way back. I ordered enough food and blood for the next month, just in case. When I get back, we need to have a talk. Be the good girl that I know you are."

After a couple of minutes of silence, I peeked out from behind the curtain, only to find an empty bathroom with the door wide open.

How did she get in? I'm sure Gabriel locked it behind him when he left. Where is she going that would take her from here for a month? And what does she want to talk to me about?

"Sang," Gabriel waved his hands in front of my face. I hadn't even noticed when he came in and had locked the door.

"Yes," I replied softly, still kind of in a daze.

"I've called Mr. Blackbourne. We're having a meeting here as soon as your f*cking aunt leaves," he said in a low angry tone. He looked down as he spoke the next part, "I overheard what she said to you, but don't worry, you still have us by your side. That is, if you want us to be."

I reached my hand out and gently touched his chin to raise his head until our eyes met.

"There's no one else I'd rather have by my side."

Thanks so much for sticking with the story guys! And thanks so much for the support and kind words while I took this extremely long hiatus. I can't honestly say that I'm back 100% at this moment, but I do promise to try and post atleast once a month. Please continue to have patience with me while I slowly get back into writing. Thanks again! Love you guys!!!