12:oo

+ this chapter is quite confusing and long but I hope you'll understand it. i'm rly rly sorry for the delay cuz school just started, that's why. Oh, There'll be a lot of scenery switch and take note of the times . also! read until the last page!

________

are  we meant to be?

________

05:00 pm

JEONGGUK had an unexpected guest.

Eyes lingering and fixated on the blue box, lips quivering and heart hammering inside his ribcage, the boy never thought that he too would visit him in this horrendous place. Never once in his stay in the prison had it crossed his mind that choi hyunsik would ever step in the place to breathe the same air of the man who murdered her daughter.

"long time no see, jeon jeongguk" the tone of the father's voice was cold and unwelcoming. Jeongguk felt the chills run down on his spine, he was clearly terrified. Hyunsik's tone was far more different from his welcoming and warm tone when they first had their formal talk and greetings.

I would be lying if I said that he didn't felt like a prey watched by his predator, cause he sure did.

"you might be wondering why I'm here" hyunsik spoke, resting his elbows on the wooden frame in business like form to look straight at jeongguk, his voice tinged with threat.

Jeongguk was terrified, he didn't know what to respond to the older. The last time he had talked with the man was the day before he killed his daughter and tainted his hands with her nasty blood.

Jeongguk kept his head low and was silent, he didn't have the courage to face the man that was eunha's father. He knew that he must ask for forgiveness since he killed his other daughter but, he'd rather be hated than ask for repentance.

Hyunsik was beyond expectant today but all of it came crashing down when he saw jeongguk's current state.

Hyunsik's eyes lingered on the boy infront of him, he noticed the change after almost six months of not seeing him. hyunsik observed the change – jeongguk had become thin, his prominent and youthful face were full of stress and most of all his will . . . hyunsik saw the tiredness and loneliness in his eyes.

He was clearly not amused.

"aren't you going to say something?!" hyunsik blew up, both hands slapping the glass between them, unable to contain his feelings — the father felt mad, confused and most of all regret. He had so many questions and he clearly wanted answers.

hyunsik wanted to know why the boy kept pushing away his daughter - he wanted to know why jeongguk kept pushing haine even if he truly loves her so much. he wanted to know why the boy was making a fool of himself, why must jeongguk always decide things on his own and most of all . . . why must he always chose the wrong thing to do.