o7:1o

Hands linked on one another, we were on our way home from school

Hands linked on one another, we were on our way home from school. the sky was already dark and the second day practice for the play just ended.

"jeongguk!"

a manly, dimpled boy came into our view and all at once, our linked hands broke from being together

"namjoon-hyung?"

"c-can we talk?"

Eyes traveling unto his necktie, i saw realized that he was a two years higher from us. It felt weird, why wouldw they wait for jeongguk this late?

"wait, why-i. You see, i can't. I'm with haine and i-"

"you can go, kook. i won't mind and i can go home by myself"

"you heard the nerd,
so come with us"

I'm not going to lie but the older male's name-call for me hit a nerve.

"she's not a nerd"

"fine, whatever"

"she's not a nerd, hyung"

"okay, she is not.
just ... just come
with us"

"okay but wait"

The bunny boy faced me before his cheeks illuminated in the night and i saw how it became tinted with the pink hues.

"c-can i have a hug?"

Eyes widening, i looked at the boy as he played with his fingers, his gaze never meeting mines.

"i-it's okay if you don't want to"

Lips tugging into a smile, i slowly spread my arms and the boy imediately noticed it. the bunny boy engulfed me in a tight hug, momentarily rocking us a little into a back and forth motion as he hummed a soothing hymn on my ear.

I think he wouldn't really want to let go if only his hyung didn't start to speak.

"umm, we really
got to go"

"....."

"jeongguk-"

"wait"

The boy whined as he gave me one last squeeze in the hug before stealing a peck on my cheek.

"go straight home, okay? Text me when you've already arrived at home!"

Giggling, my eyes couldn't help but tear with so much happiness and i had to remove my accessory glasses.

"i will. I will, bunbun"

smiling, i muttered and casually eyes meeting with the older guy. i saw how his mouth instantly hang low and i wasn't the only one who seemed to notice his change of demanour.

what happened?

"a-are you okay?"

"you're so
prett-pretty i-"

"um, what?"

"oh my go-jeongguk yo-"

"hold up! namjoon-hyung let's go. haine, text me. Okay? Okay. bye!"

Jeongguk dragged his hyung away just before i could even process what happened in front of me.