o3:8o

+full chapter

why was she here? why-how did she find me, i-how about jeongguk? what if, what if-

"haine?" i flinched the moment my name rolled on his tongue, there was always this weird fuzzy feeling inside my heart whenever our eyes met and skins touch

"umm, sorry. i-i was out of it" the boy leaned closer to my face before

"am i boring?"

The boy asked as our eyes met, he was always worried of my well-being and now,

"what?! No! of course not-wh-why would you think that way, kookie?"

"you're having the resting bitch face"

"yah! you bunny-aish"

"i'm worried, you know" i found myself in jeongguk's arms, his warmth enveloping my petite body-i, i'm really scared. i couldn't help but bury myself close to him, i want to treasure this moment now that it still lasts-cause when i come home, this body will be showered with lots of pain once more.

we stayed like that for a while, not minding the stares we got from the people, it just felt so right. i don't want this to end, i don't want us to part ways-i want, i want to be in his arms forever.

"shh, don't cry baby" his embrace tightened as he slowly rocked our bodies in a soothing manner.

my lips let out a sob-i'm so scared.

the boy pulled away a little before he cupped my face and our eyes met. he wiped the tears that kept on falling and i saw how his face contorted into a worried expression. as much as i wanted to spill out everything-everything and all of my worries, i couldn't because if he knew...

they would take him away from me.

"baby, why are you suddenly crying?" the boy asked as he kissed the top of my forehead. i couldn't say it and i wouldn't.

"i-i'm-"

his lips met my right eye before he kissed the other one, " don't cry, please. i'm-you can say anything to me" he urged but i couldn't really say it and instead i just held his hand.

"can you promise me one thing?"

"i will"

"please. whatever happens, don't leave me"

"i-"

"please, just be there and i won't ask for anything else"

"i promise"

"really? the one who breaks the promise shall eat thousand of needles!"

we both chuckled as our pinkies linked "promise"

we were so naive, young and relentless never could see what the future could offer us.

--

"you promised, idiot bunny"

"mommy! wait-why are you cryi-"

"ma? jiyoung? where---"

"twinny! mommy's crying what should we do?!"

"aww you two sunshines, mommy's fine! come here and give mommy a bear hug!"